Pacific Sky Aviation Inc. (‘PSAI’) is a privately held B.C. company, with operations at our headquarters in Victoria and at our Twin Otter flight test and training centre in Calgary, Alberta.
PSAI’s sister company Viking Air Limited (‘Viking’) is a global leader in utility aircraft services and manufacturer of the world-renowned Series 400 Twin Otter. For over 25 years, PSAI has been a Transport Canada approved provider of flight training, including initial licensing and ratings for new pilots. Since Viking’s launch of the Series 400 Twin Otter and acquisition of the Bombardier waterbomber program, PSAI has also provided advanced Twin Otter and CL-215/CL415 training for pilots throughout the world.
PSAI’s brand new flight training center in Calgary houses a Level “D” Viking Twin Otter Series 400 Full Flight Simulator. In the first year of operation, the Twin Otter simulator is beating expectations and business growth is expanding rapidly.
For the past two years, PSAI has been providing training for CL-215 and CL-415 waterbomber pilots and engineers. Viking is considering the restart of production with the CL-515, an improved and modernized version of the classic waterbomber.
This growth requires a new position at PSAI – Sales and Contracts Manager.
Visit www.pacificsky.ca to learn more about us.
Reporting to the General Manager, Training & Simulation the Sales and Contracts Manager is responsible for overseeing business development activities for PSAI’s training business. This includes managing the overall sales and marketing activities for the group as well as proposals, contract development, negotiation and contract award. The successful candidate will be a commercially astute, process and detail-oriented individual.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Developing, implementing and executing the overall sales and marketing strategy for the company; ensuring alignment and coordination with sister company sales teams.
- In alignment with overall strategy, identifying and pursuing potential customers; obtaining customer information, building relationships with key decision makers and ultimately designing and implementing marketing plans.
- Building and maintaining key client relationships; ensuring responsiveness and resolution of issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Analysing trends, demographics, pricing strategies and other information with the overall objective of improving sales performance.
- Developing annual comprehensive, company-wide sales & revenue plans and budgets and implementing metrics for effective and efficient tracking of actuals (performance) vs. targets.
- Serving as the communication link between key customers and internal stakeholders.
- Creating and coordinating the production of marketing materials for the PSAI training center, customer meetings and trade shows.
- Travelling to client locations, conferences and trade shows, as required.
- Managing the client pre-qualification and approval process to ensure PSAI can meet business development objectives during the procurement processes.
- Developing, negotiating and managing adherence to commercial terms contained in proposals and contracts.
- Ensuring the integration of legal, insurance, finance and human resource considerations into proposals and contracts.
- Ensuring PSAI senior management is apprised of any contractual or commercial problems that may impact the project or business as a whole.
- Developing, implementing and communicating effective commercial policies and procedures, including risk management / mitigation activities for PSAI.
- Ensuring all business activities maintain alignment with PSAI Values and Mission Statement (attached).
- As a member of the organization’s management team, representing the company in dealings with customers, strategic business partners, industry organizations, government bodies and other stakeholders.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial management; specifically, drafting, negotiating and managing contract terms.
- Sales and marketing experience with a proven track record.
- Experience navigating complex procurement processes; specifically, pre-qualification and approval requirements.
- Strong financial acumen as it pertains to business development and contract management.
- Proficiency in scheduling and project management software packages as well as Microsoft office software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to draft comprehensive written reports.
- Strong work ethic, customer service focus, and positive “can do” team attitude.
- Demonstrated capacity for forming and advancing relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and mentor teams in varying locations.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Experienced innovative thinker with proven results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and maintain private and confidential information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Prior experience in the Aviation / Aerospace business is considered a significant asset.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada, EASA and FAA rules and regulations related to aircraft training.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, Italian and other languages is considered an asset.