Our client, a highly established and growing international company in the food manufacturing industry, has a rare opening for a Senior Operations Supervisor to join their dynamic and expanding team.
Find out why this organization is experiencing such tremendous growth and success!
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, the Senior Operations Supervisor will be responsible for all activities of plant operations for various shifts as required. As a leader, you will drive operational performance of individuals, build key relationships on the team, ensure compliance for food safety and quality, plant personnel safety and a create an environment for continuous improvement.
- Directly supervise the Operations Supervisors and Team Leads to achieve required safety, quality, productivity targets for production, sanitation and logistics.
- Ensure plant personnel are following standard operating procedures and working in a safe, efficient, and effective manner while striving to achieve quality level production to exceed our customers' needs
- Organize plant activities and coordinate work of all assigned plant personnel in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner
- Track key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the production team’s performance including safety, efficiency, waste, downtime, labor costs, and ensure expectations are met or exceeded
- Ensure adherence to GMP compliance and safety standards and provide the necessary training and communicate changes on each initiative
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure machinery and equipment is well maintained and running safely according to specifications
- Ensure the plant meets all government, customer and third-party audit requirements and take corrective actions according to the audit results as appropriate
- Build a strong team by communicating performance expectations; monitoring and appraising performance; providing support, coaching, training, and enforcing standard policies and procedures to plant personnel
- Continuously improve operations to maximize profit and minimize cost
- Coordinate cleaning activities with English Bay team members or contracted cleaning services for plant clean-up following SSOP and requirements
- Provide leadership and mentoring to direct reports
- Assist Operations Supervisors/Team Leaders in handling employee complaints and concerns
- May cover department in Operations Supervisor/team leader absence
What Will Help You Succeed:
- Must have a B.S/B.A. in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education or supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Must have an understanding of FDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must have a strong safety background.
- Must have experience evaluating work processes and systems for efficiencies and operational flow.
- Knowledge and familiarity with automated manufacturing process/packaging technology, GMP and industry standards
- A results-oriented individual with excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver high-quality results within specified time frames
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and make judgments, and a sense of urgency will be important to the candidate’s success
- A decisive leader with strong interpersonal skills and is adept at leading and motivating
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to evaluate performance and provide constructive feedback and assistance for improvement.
- Must have familiarity with operation layouts and automation improvements, budgeting and cost improvements.
- Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial spirited, fast-paced and changing workplace environment with a desire to make a strong impact on the business.
- Must have excellent initiative, be a self-starter with a keen attention to details.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
Why Join This Company:
- Competitive compensation (up to $65K plus 15% bonus)
- Extended benefits
- Ample room for career progression
- Job security
- Supportive colleagues
- Relocation package within US if required
- and more!
Interviews are currently being conducted. Don't hesitate to apply today! Cover letters not required.
TPD will not share your information with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as privacy and confidentiality are part of TPD's core values.