Our client, a multi-national leader in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Contracts Advisor to join their Procurement Team in their Burnaby office. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada's leading employers, who supplies a significant portion of southwestern BC’s gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
The Contract Advisor plays a supporting role in the Procurement’s objective to become a world-class procurement organization with leading capability in category management that delivers relevant, value-adding category strategies to the Refinery.
The Contract Advisor supports the Refinery P/SCM in the implementation of Manufacturing Procurement strategy and aligns with the business on project execution strategies. The Contract Advisor is expected to manage approximately $80 to $150MM per year in turnaround spend.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop procurement contracting plans and strategies specific to executing turnarounds
- Negotiate commercial and legal terms and conditions and complex pricing exhibits for turnaround contractors
- Develop and execute contracting/sourcing strategies to support turnaround while adhering to turnaround schedules and milestones
- Provide market and portfolio analysis knowledge and capability
- Monitor contractor capacity to ensure we are not over committing our contractor base
- Provide category guidance, advice, and coaching to business stakeholders
- Identification and implementation of Total Cost of Ownership and Value Chain Integration opportunities
- Develop and implement Supplier Management and Integration activities with key suppliers
- Communicates clearly to convey concepts and objectives orally as well as in presentations and in technical reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Able to build strong working relationships with business stakeholders, suppliers and co-workers
- Demonstrates understanding of business drivers and develops and maintains Annual Contract Plans work and its execution to meet business objectives
- Work with the other contract advisors, business partners, and Technical SMEs to prioritize and evaluate Procurement opportunities in alignment with Refinery strategies
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BA/BS/B.Com Degree in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management.
- Relevant experience managing turnaround or construction procurement contracting strategies.
- Experience developing category strategy, category plans, Annual Contracting and Procurement Plans and identifying opportunities to optimize total cost of ownership through the supply chain.
- Ability to develop various contracting alternatives
- Perform market research, data and spend analysis on specific categories.
- Interpret analysis and evaluate spend categories of goods and services to determine where opportunities lie for pricing and contract re-negotiations, contract/vendor consolidations, or alternative goods or services.
- Assist in developing RFP’s and informal bid requests.
- Manage process through proposal to contract award.
- Assist in the management of vendor relationships, contracts and sourcing of top-spend categories
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team, build consensus and resolve issues.
- Proactive communicator who establishes a good customer network and stakeholder relationships.
- Mentor Business Stakeholders and buyers to enhance turnaround and procurement integration.
- Strategic sourcing and supplier management experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (ideally Oil and Gas) preferred.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, work well within a team environment
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Room for career growth
- Pension plan
- $95K to $120K
- Annual bonuses ($10K+)
- and more!
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.