Opal is a boutique collection of retirement suites on Vancouver’s west side, offering refined amenities and services that are designed with the highest standards in mind. Opal is currently looking to hire a part time Receptionist to join our Team.
Who we are:
At Opal, we are leading the way in redefining seniors’ living. We build and manage innovative communities that provide the highest quality of life for seniors and keep families together.
Our Values and Philosophy guide our business and are represented by the word IMPACT: Integrity in our actions, Mentorship of our people, Passion for our industry, Accountability to our customers, Creativity in our approach, and Teamwork that focuses on collaboration.
Every one of our employees plays a vital part in achieving our vision every day.
As the Receptionist you are responsible for maintaining Element’s high quality and service standards by effectively ensuring the smooth operations of your designated community.
This is a multifaceted role that will assist the Resident Service Manager in overseeing all aspects of relations with residents, guests, visitors, property management and maintenance, drivers and contractors while maintaining Element’s high standards of service and hospitality.
- Minimum of 2 years as concierge in a hospitality field or retirement community
- Experience with POS and payment systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Technologically savvy, possessing a strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office software
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to focus attention on resident, guest and visitor needs, effectively resolving any issues
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- First Aid/CPR Certification would be an asset
- Mandarin or Cantonese fluency would be an asset
- Provide accurate information to residents and guests in a courteous manner; attend to all resident requests or requirements.
- Display a high level of integrity and professionalism at all times in dealing with residents, staff and outside contacts.
- Ensure that the Emergency Call Bell System is constantly monitored
- Perform tasks associated with the daily operations of the community
- Assist the administrative assistant to document and reconcile all resident charges originating from the Resident Services Desk (i.e. car rentals, flowers, special requests etc.)
- Document and handle all incoming and outgoing calls, mails, packages and faxes with an emphasis on accuracy and proper follow-up.
- Monitor security cameras.
- Be knowledgeable about all activities in the city including, the arts, special exhibits, concerts, sports, sightseeing tours, theatre, etc. Establish close contacts with people in these areas to provide further information, ticketing, reservations, etc.
- Document and keep Resident Services team well-informed about any guest problems, complaints and/or actions taken.
- Assist the administrative assistant to accurately close resident cheques and process cash and card payment.
- Assist with new residents & monitor when residents move in or out.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Resident Service Manager.
We are one team. We believe that our collaborative culture provides a competitive advantage. We communicate openly with each other and value diversity in perspectives and opinions. We hold people in the highest esteem and work to understand and celebrate our differences. We offer the following benefits :
- Competitive compensation package
- Employer Paid Benefits including Extended Health, Dental & MSP
- Paid Vacation & Personal Days
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Work/Life Balance
- Professional Tuition Reimbursement