Opening for residency in Fall 2019, Opal will be a boutique collection of retirement suites on Vancouver’s west side, offering refined amenities and services that are designed with the highest standards in mind. Opal is currently looking to hire an Recreation Assistant (Full time / Part time) to join our Team.
Who we are:
At Opal, we are leading the way in redefining seniors’ living. We build and manage innovative communities that provide the highest quality of life for seniors and keep families together.
Our Values and Philosophy guide our business and are represented by the word IMPACT: Integrity in our actions, Mentorship of our people, Passion for our industry, Accountability to our customers, Creativity in our approach, and Teamwork that focuses on collaboration.
Every one of our employees plays a vital part in achieving our vision every day.
As the Recreation Assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining Element’s high quality and service standards by effectively incorporating the 7 dimensions of wellness into our Recreation programs to develop a well-balanced calendar of activities for our community.
Who you are:
- University or College Degree/Diploma in Health or Human Services field including kinesiology, social work, nursing, psychology, physical, occupational, speech or recreational therapy
- First Aid/CPR Certification would be an asset
- Class 4 unrestricted license permitting the operation of a bus
- 2 years of experience within a multidisciplinary senior living or hospitality team
- Experience in a fast-paced, high volume and customer service orientated establishment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Technologically savvy, possessing a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Operations management skills. Ability to develop, organize and direct the activities in a professional manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skill
- Organize and direct indoor/outdoor daily activity programs including exercise classes, entertainment, crafts and other related activities that encourage involvement and independence.
- Backfill for other Recreation Department staff in their absence or as required but at the discretion of the Recreation Manager.
- Assist in setting the objectives and standards required to measure the success of the programs and ensure the required standards are met.
- Assist in the development and production of the Monthly Calendar, Resident Bulletin Board and any other informational material for the residents.
- Adhere to management policies and procedures of purchasing, ordering, stock and inventory control.
- Assist in the development of an innovative seven day a week program that is engaging to all residents.
- Promote resident participation in social, spiritual and recreational activities while encouraging the participation of resident families and the community.
- Direct and supervise volunteers
- Assist in implementation of monthly intergenerational activities on a consistent basis to promote participation.
- Engage in positive relationships with the residents, family members, staff and other community members.
- Ensure that all policies, programs and practices are carried out consistently and effectively.
- Drive the bus for community outings (must have valid unrestricted class 4 driver’s license with a clean driving record)
- Perform other related duties as requested by Recreation Manager
We are one team. We believe that our collaborative culture provides a competitive advantage. We communicate openly with each other and value diversity in perspectives and opinions. We hold people in the highest esteem and work to understand and celebrate our differences. We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% Employer Paid Benefits including Extended Health, Dental & MSP
- Paid Vacation & Personal Days
- Opportunities for Career Growth
- Work/Life Balance
- Professional Tuition Reimbursement