Our client, a highly established and reputable building materials company, has an opportunity for a Outside Sales Representative to join their team either in Montreal or Ottawa.
As the face of the Company you will be responsible for effectively representing our brand in all that you do, always looking for opportunities to grow sales and enrich customer relationships.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Outside Sales Representative will work individually to increase sales in Eastern Canada. With a strong base of existing customers, expected focus will be to expand sales opportunities, grow market share, and develop new market segments.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Serve as the technical expert for the assigned customer base for all product lines, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of their features and benefits
- Recommend product developments for the overall benefit of the Company to further sales opportunities and meet customer needs
- Manage customer relationships pin-pointing areas of each customer’s business where we can add the most value
- Consult with Senior Management to ensure products and services are properly geared to the sales territory
- Liaise with Customer Service Department, Marketing and Warehouse staff bringing customer and market learnings forward
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques
- Recommend changes in products line, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Conduct regular daily outside calls to existing customers to maintain and grow business
- Prospect and cold call to develop new business opportunities in assigned territory
- Educate customers and prospects on the benefits of doing business with our Company
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems and ensuring they are addressed to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and Company
- Recognize prospects or referrals or changing customer patterns that are not a good fit and use time with a better fit situation
- Meet sales targets
- File weekly, detailed call reports that effectively outline progress in each region with existing or prospected customers
- Prepare and maintain Territory Assessments detailing targets, goals, and work plan to achieve and maintain growth
- Maintain organized and current customer files
- Effectively prepare for and participate in person at the once yearly Sales Meeting.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Experience in strong sales and customer service (technical or industrial sales preferred)
- University degree or college diploma in Business and/or Diploma in other related discipline; equivalent combination of education and experience
- Gold or Master Sandler Sales Certification or recognized equivalent
- Knowledge of the stair and railing or steel fabrication industry preferred. Priority given to those with a background in building supplies
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written including exceptional grasp of business communication protocols
- Highly accurate and thorough in submitted reports
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills (both written and verbal) in English and French.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proven record of meeting sales goals and effectively managing a territory
- A competitive attitude and strong desire to do one’s best
- An aggressive prospector with a proven track record of success in developing new business.
- Ability to negotiate with influence
- Ability to perform a SWOT analysis on customers, markets and one’s self
- Self-confident, self-motivated and disciplined to work from a home office
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; takes initiative in ongoing professional development and industry knowledge
- A “people person” who easily connects with customers and works towards building lasting relationships
- Strong social skills and the ability to use networking and referrals from existing accounts
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a variety of people across multiple departments and organizations in order to satisfy the needs of the Company and the customer
- Able to make effective use of time and resources
- Able to use own judgment, creatively problem solve, think critically, and quickly recognize a customer’s needs • Highly motivated, sales-driven, a proven self-starter with a passion for selling high-quality products
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the Company
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Must have a polished and professional presentation in physical appearance
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and regionally throughout the territory Technical and Applied Computer Skills
- Good computer literacy
- Minimum typing speed of 45 wpm
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Working knowledge of PowerPoint is necessary.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Salary ($70K plus bonuses)
- Three weeks vacation. Increases to 4 weeks/year after 3 years.
- Competitive extended health & dental benefits plan offered.
- 5 paid sick days offered each year.
- Bonus pay given upon completion of each anniversary period for days not taken.
- Intensive 2-week training provided. Ongoing product training provided throughout the candidate’s employment.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.