Are you an experienced supervisor with experience in distribution and logistics?
Do you want to lead a hard working and dedicated team?
Looking for your next career move? This is it - apply today!
TPD is an industry leader in connecting employers and employees! We are currently looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join one of Canada's leaders in the contemporary furniture industry! Located on Annacis Island, BC, they have recently expanded and are looking to bring in a Warehouse Supervisor to assist in operations of a high volume retail furniture distribution center.
With over 50 stores, from BC to Quebec, they are a proud Canadian Company that offers cool, contemporary furniture and home decor. They are all about making their customers and employees feel right at home.
This permanent position offers an incredible opportunity to build a career with a forward thinking company. Our client offers a number of personal and professional growth opportunities within the company, such as in-house certifications, education and tuition reimbursement, inclusive welcoming culture, and the ability to move up the ladder.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, positive, and fun work environment with a Canadian-owned-and-proud-of-it company.
- Starting rate of $24 dollars an hour with standard appraisal reviews and growth opportunities.
- Eligible for benefits at 90 days (GWL, Medical, Dental).
- Full time hours, 7:30 AM - 4 PM (30 minutes unpaid lunch, two paid 15 minute lunch breaks).
- A very generous employee discount plan.
- RRSP matching up to 50% upon completion of probation.
- Tuition and certification reimbursement.
What You Will Do:
- Schedule staff and assign daily tasks to ensure maximum productivity. Monitor and report on productivity
- Plan and implement the efficient and effective utilization of manpower, equipment and resources
- Proactively train and coach staff to attain high levels of safety, productivity, service and accuracy
- Ensure that safe conditions exist always within the work environment; take appropriate and effective
- measures to provide for the health and safety of employees
- Develop and foster strong and effective functional and cross-functional teams
- Coordinate activities with other work units
- Develop and maintain a product flow work plan to ensure containers are received in a timely manner and
- the right product is shipped to satisfy demand and drive company sales
- Ensure all the activities of the BC Warehouse follow company processes and procedures (SOPs)
- Assist in hiring new warehouse employees under the direction of the Distribution Center Operations
- Manager. Provide orientation to all new hires
- Challenge status quo and continually look to improve efficiencies, operations, and customer service
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- 2+ years warehouse supervision experience; including tasking, motivating and supervising a labour crew.
- Post-secondary education in warehousing or logistics a plus
- Strong drive to exceed expectations, complete tasks and influence improvements
- Organized, excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, sound judgement and
- ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills with solid experience with MS Office and warehouse management systems - SAP
- is an asset
- High degree of adaptability; flexibility to change and the ability to maintain a sense of composure in a
- highly dynamic environment
- Understanding of customer service
If you are interested, apply today!