TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Vancouver BC, in search for accountable and eager Senior Operations Manager to join our team! If you are hungry for a fresh and exciting opportunity with a growing and inclusive organization and are a stellar people and process leader, look no further, we want to speak with you!
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment
WHY WORK WITH US?:
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manages, monitors and reports on key performance indicators (including financial performance) for all aspects of Securiguard's service delivery.
- Manages the activities of the Vancouver and Fraser Valley branch offices on a daily basis, and acts as a resource and conduit of information for addressing operational issues and problem-solving; makes the final decision on appropriate course of action.
- Clarifies the roles and responsibilities for operations team members, ensures they are aware of what is expected of them, scope of authority, and relationships to others, and that they have the resources to do their work effectively.
- Provides ongoing and regular performance feedback to all direct reports, and recognizes their efforts and contributions on a timely basis; works with them to implement development plans to support their professional growth.
- Liaison between Client and Securiguard to resolve challenges and ensure the delivery of services meets or exceeds present or future expectation.
- Ongoing review of "cost of service" to ensure acceptable profit margins.
- Suggest improving options or ideas to the client on how their security program can better enhance the security of their property assets and employees.
- Visit client sites on a regular basis to maintain working knowledge of services required and how it can be improved.
- Meet with all security site supervisors and staff on a regular basis to hear challenges that could require your assistance in reaching a resolution.
- Conduct upgrading of security staff skills and train as necessary using coaching and mentoring skills and techniques.
- Inform clients on new technical advancements or services which would assist in supporting their needs.
- Oversee and assist in the writing, or directly draft site specific post orders.
- Review daily Operations Reports related to their clients and sites.
- Assess supervisors and security officers through "Quality Assurance" audits and address weaknesses building on positive performance.
- Initiate "Incentive Rewards" program at client sites to promote security officers' successes.
- Identify and promote security officers from within for job enrichment or advancement opportunities.
- Work as a team with the scheduling, recruiting, training, payroll, accounts receivable departments to solve all client issues.
- Maintain and update critical data bases and files with important information related to the client on the computer system.
- Meet and maintain internal documentation or reports as required.
- Attend all weekly operations meetings as required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a manager in an operational setting combined with or in addition to working in the security industry or law enforcement preferred and 3 years experience in a business development position.
- Experience in loss prevention, security or law enforcement with experience in large or multiple sites is an asset
- Experience in an operational setting involving the management and supervision of a large number of staff members
- Security professional with a proven management experience within the security industry, the public sector or armed services is an asset
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, with a 'hands on', problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in staffing levels
Special qualifications and Training:
- Risk Management certification an asset
- BST; MS Office proficiency; Self motivated; demonstrated ability to produce results while working independently; proven strong analytical and organizational skills; proven customer service skills required; sales and management training an asset; valid Class 5 BC Drivers License; access to or possession of vehicle for attending to all client sites; and knowledge of security industry an asset.
- Demonstrated attributes in leadership, judgment, decision making, delegation, planning, organizing, problem solving, analytical skill, interpersonal sensitivity and tolerance are required.
- Certified Protection Professional or equivalent American Society for Industrial Security certification standing is an asset.
- Strong communication skills
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent company culture
If the above sounds like a position that you can't pass up, we want to hear from you. Interviews are taking place ASAP and we are ready to find our next rockstar today!