TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Vancouver BC, in search for an accountable and eager K9 Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for the monitoring and delivery of K9 service as required to all K9 clients in Securiguard as well as the life cycle of all service dogs from procurement to proper care, housing and training.
The OM will liaison between Securiguard Executive and Operations teams, clients, K9 trainers, and the team of K9 handlers. The OM is responsible to ensure a high level of safety, security and K9 services at all Securiguard K9 client facilities. This delivery is obtained by ensuring day-to-day safety - security practices, policies and services operate in support of best practices, contract and corporate objectives and adherence to Ministry of Justice K9 validation standards.
This role will require flexibility with working days and hours. There will be a requirement to work various days of the week and hours based on service delivery requirements.
The OM will report to the Securiguard Executive. In addition, the OM will need to interact with Securiguard Branch Managers and operations Managers who have oversight over account in which K9 service plays a role.
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?:
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Personnel Management
- Directly oversee office staff including assigned recruiters, schedulers, coordinators.
- Directly oversee field staff including line managers and supervisors.
- Identify hiring needs and work with recruiting department to ensure hiring needs are met.
- Work with scheduling department to ensure positions are filled to meet client obligations.
- Complete employee reviews consistent with employment agreements.
- Work with supervisors to ensure regular quality assurance audits are completed on K9 handlers.
- Incentive good performance through Securiguard iBelieve program.
- Provide coaching and disciplinary action as needed.
- Meet with current and prospective clients to determine scope of service.
- Work with Securiguard Business Solutions team on proposals, presentations and RFP responses.
- Attend trade shows and other client events, provide live K9 demos and information about service dogs and K9 services.
- Meet regularly with current clients to provide service updates.
- Available at all hours to respond to client concerns by phone, email, or other means.
- Work with K9 Division Master Trainer to develop training standards.
- Audit training records to ensure compliance with Ministry Standards and with internal standards.
- Attend regular training sessions.
- Follow up on training deficiencies with individual handlers.
Service Dog Life Cycle:
- Maintain life cycle estimates for all service dogs.
- Work with vendors to procure appropriate potential service dogs.
- Work with training team to assess potential service dogs.
- Follow protocol to ensure proper housing provided by handlers to assigned service dog.
- Manage vendor relationships with kennels, equipment providers, vets, dog food providers.
- Place retired service dogs with appropriate foster homes
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Completion of BST and possession of a valid BC Security License
- Class 5 driver's license and a clean abstract
- Advance Security Training
- Mental Health - Disability - Cultural awareness
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (online)
- WorkSafe BC Supervising for Safety Certificate (within the first six months)
- Experience in the military, law enforcement or related field considered a strong asset
- Previous Management experience
- Ability to obtain a YVR Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
- Ability to obtain a Port Metro Vancouver Pass
- Ability to obtain Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain a Health Canada License for the transportation an acquisition of controlled substances
- Ability to obtain an authorization to transport and handle explosive substances form Natural Resources Canada
- Ability to obtain a Firearms Possession and Acquisition License
- Ability to obtain an advance Criminal Record Check
- Advanced computer skills
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent company culture
If the above sounds like a position that you can't pass up, we want to hear from you. Interviews are taking place ASAP and we are ready to find our next rockstar today!