General Bank of Canada, a financial service provider to the automotive industry, is looking to hire a full time Business Service Representative to join their growing team in Edmonton.
A schedule 1 chartered bank, General Bank of Canada launched in 2005 and assists Canadians with their auto loan needs. If you are someone who is detail oriented, driven to succeed, with excellent negotiation and communication skills this could be the opportunity for you!
Building a Bank to stand for generations
This position is responsible for the timely and professional response to both internal and external dealer inquiries and issues. The successful incumbent will work to ensure all processes follow internal policies and procedures including legislative compliance and operational risk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to all inquiries from dealership personnel by phone and email.
- Support the sales teams, resolving issues quickly and efficiently with a positive outcome for both the customer and GBC.
- Provide accurate payout information to dealerships as required
- Prepare and follow for flat cancels or corrections to loans as needed
- Review and maintain lien registration reports.
- Create new manual registrations, lien amendments, renewals and manual discharges.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines, applicable legislation and make recommendations for improvement.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma required, combined with some post-secondary education in the fields of administration/business, finance, or related work experience is an asset
- 2+ years in a B2B Customer Service environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented, proven data entry skills, with the ability to handle large volumes of files
- Team oriented, a quick learner; able to work independently and be self-motivated. Collaborate with others; willing and able to contribute to the team's success.
- Process management, Identifies the processes required to accomplish work tasks; utilizes best practices and provide input on ways to improve process and work tasks;
- Problem solving, able to think outside the box and quickly develop alternative solutions to meet the customer's needs, ability to deescalate heightened issues
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN
- Competitive salary
- Extended health and dental plan
- RRSP matching
- Supportive work environment
- Work life balance, Monday to Friday schedule
- Onsite gym available to all staff
- Rooftop patio to enjoy lunches and company events
- Great downtown location
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We at TPD, look forward to working with you.