BC Place is seeking a Conversion Specialist in Training. This position requires someone who possesses the ability to perform physical labour, the ability to learn and become an expert at all aspects of Conversions BC Place will provide training in seat-retractions, terra-cover, secondary roof deployments and retractions, field maintenance and field painting. Individuals must also be a good communicator, be supportive of others, and be able to work in a team. Candidates who represent our values and who lead by example are encouraged to apply.
BC Place hosts the province’s biggest and brightest events. Home to the BC Lions Football Club, Vancouver Whitecaps FC, BC Sports Hall of Fame, the largest trade and consumer shows in Western Canada, world class concerts and incredible community events; a unique and exciting place to work! We are a division of PavCo, a Crown Corporation with a mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia.
WHY WORK WITH US:
BC Place is the largest sports, exhibition, and entertainment venue of its kind in British Columbia, hosting world-class entertainment events, professional and amateur sport, community gatherings and exhibitions in its stunning downtown location in Vancouver, British Columbia. BC Place is the home of the Vancouver Whitecaps FC, the BC Lions Football Club, the Canada Sevens and the BC Sports Hall of Fame.
Our team of 600+ employees is proud to have been instrumental in hosting some of the most memorable events in Canada, including:
- The Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
- The FIFA Women's World Cup
- Multiple CFL Grey Cup Championships
- The 2014 NHL Heritage Classic
- Canada’s Men’s and Women’s National Soccer Team matches
- The Canada Sevens, part of the World Rugby Sevens Series
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC of Major League Soccer (MLS) and the BC Lions Football Club of the Canadian Football League (CFL)
- Sold out concerts for Taylor Swift, AC/DC, Madonna, The Rolling Stones, and many more
It takes great people to host BC’s biggest and brightest events. We provide our team with industry-leading Service Excellence and Game Day Training to enable them to shine. At BC Place, you get to be part of a team that thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment and takes true ownership in delivering exceptional, memorable experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assist with the coordination of secondary roof related activities with contractor to ensure smooth transition and safe work environment.
- Assist with the full conversion process when on shift– changing from one event to another within the required timeline. Areas in conversion operations include seats, turf, turf cover, fencing, stanchions, Secondary Roof, etc.;
- Identify areas to improve operational efficiency, make recommendations and implement changes as necessary. Respond to last-minute changing operational needs, prioritize work.
- Participate in the review and analysis of the conversion process and make recommendations to ensure the most efficient and effective use of staff resources.
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
- Monitor ongoing BCP radio communication and identify situations where supervisory support is required.
- Ensure client requests and event requirements are met and dealt with in a professional manner; ensure effective and timely communication and maintain optimal facility operations;
- Provide direction on matters related to in-house rolling stock;
- Promote safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Take appropriate action on any incident which may result in loss or damage to property or equipment, or any incident that would endanger the safety of employees and guests.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Valid Forklift Operator’s Certificate required
- Knowledge and use of WHMIS an asset
- Experience in a mechanical work environment.
- Safety & Security – knowledge of safety and security for the protection of people and property.
- Fall Arrest/Protection training an asset
- Ability to learn and use simple knots
- Experience working with and safeguarding fragile materials
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build healthy work relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and ability to provide clear direction.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proven track record to solve problems, make sound decisions, and use resources efficiently.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative.
- Availability to work on all deployments and retractions of the secondary roof including days, overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Quality/Accuracy in work within current BC Place role.
- Strength, flexibility and endurance, working unusual hours with few opportunities to rest.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and walk over uneven surfaces with it (including climbing).
- Physical coordination in order to work in tight quarters carrying heavy equipment without falling, tripping, toppling, etc.
- High degree of spatial awareness in order to work in tight quarters with others.
- Experience in working at BC Place Conversions an asset
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.
PavCo is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified women and men including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.