Are you a results driven and detailed oriented Commercial Services Director looking for a new, challenging career? Do you want to work in a vibrant, growing company?
If so, we want to hear from you!
General Bank is currently looking to add a new team member to our team in Edmonton. As a Director of Commercial Services, you will be a critical part of delivering to our customers needs across the country with the development and managing of a complex commercial real estate and/or aviation loan portfolio.
About General Bank:
General Bank of Canada is a Schedule 1 Chartered bank headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. Our mission is to help our customers achieve their goals by offering innovative and competitive priced loan and deposit products and the best service levels in the business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Portfolio Management, Loan Administration, and Underwriting
- Provide pro-active relationship management advice to a large and complex portfolio of high value and sophisticated borrowers (and potential borrowers)
- Understand and evaluate complex financial statements of companies and recommended tailored solutions based on that analysis. Lending solutions may include syndicated facilities, A/B structures, loans with third party servicers, or director obligor relationships. Said solutions may involve the collaboration with lending partners
- Understand and evaluate commercial real estate opportunities including land development, construction financing, repositioning loans, income producing properties, and owner-occupied facilities. In aircraft, need to develop a solid understanding of the nuances associated with aircraft financing to high net worth individuals or corporations using aircraft for personal or business use.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with counterparts at other financial institutions, mortgage investment corporations, credit unions, and third-party servicers to facilitate loan syndication and other shared lending solutions
Business Development and Growth
- Generate organic loan growth and fee income by providing proactive service/advice to existing and potential clients, and the centers of influence previously identified
- Originate and underwrite high quality loan applications that align with GBC’s low risk tolerances and return on capital hurdles
- Develop and maintain a network of centers of influence including commercial brokers, syndication partners, members of the professional business community and reputable third-party servicers
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Previous experience in the commercial lending field
- Ability to drive results
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build and forge new client relationships
- Ability to priortize and manage multiple tasks, simultaneously establishes a course of action to ensure work is completed efficiently.