Do you have a passion for exceptional customer service and are looking to be part of a team that continuously trains, mentors and supports your career? Then we have an opportunity for you!
Our client, a highly established and reputable building materials company, has an opportunity for a Bilingual (French) Customer Service Representative to join their team.
To be part of our team you need to be mature, team oriented, and energetic with office experience. You’ll be expected to have a solid work ethic and proven longevity with your previous employers. Being organized and disciplined is important to you so you can excel at your job and make a positive impact in our organization. You’ll be able to demonstrate your problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities as well as your exceptional customer service skills. You are outgoing, friendly, enjoy helping people and think quickly on your feet.
- Responsible for order taking, order entry and customer service while drawing on a wide variety product knowledge. Orders are received by telephone, email, fax, in person and via our ecommerce site.
- Provide inside support to the Outside Sales Representatives for all regions. This includes being knowledgeable about account activity, purchasing habits, as well as building relationships with personnel.
- Provide written and verbal price quotations and conduct the necessary follow up after submission.
- Cross sell, up sell and find the best product solutions.
- Perform follow up and satisfaction monitoring calls after the sale.
- Problem resolution as necessary. i.e. order returns & exchanges.
- Provide a positive, memorable customer service experience through each interaction.
Additional Duties: In addition to regular duties there will be special projects assigned throughout the year that include, for example:
- Assisting in showroom display maintenance and development.
- Assisting with procedural development and transactional flow with an eye on improved information channels and productivity at the Customer Service Department and between corresponding departments (A/R, Purchasing, Warehouse).
- Assisting in other departments whenever necessary.
- Assisting with product and procedural training of other staff as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a pleasant and professional phone manner.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Well spoken, strong French as well as English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work under pressure, alone and with others, in a busy office handling time sensitive orders.
- A high degree of accuracy is necessary to succeed at this job.
- Must be able to problem solve and provide customers with best alternatives and solutions within the standards of our sales policies.
- Must be organized, be able to prioritize, and must be capable and willing to follow strict procedures in place that ensure all transactions are transparent and the highest possible level of customer service and satisfaction is achieved.
- Must work comfortably at an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel. Test scores will be required.
- Hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Join the team and benefit from:
- Competitive Salary $50K - $55K (depending on experience)
- Three weeks vacation. Increases to 4 weeks/year after 3 years.
- Competitive extended health & dental benefits plan offered.
- Intensive 3-week training provided. Ongoing product training provided throughout the candidate’s employment.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.