TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Vancouver BC, in search for accountable and eager Operations Manager to join their growing team in Terrace! If you are hungry for a fresh and exciting opportunity with a growing and inclusive organization and are a stellar people and process leader, look no further, we want to speak with you!
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?:
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Optimize operations and performance within the Securiguard team while working closely with the Branch Management Team
- Manage the recruitment and mobilization process
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of site specific post orders
- Ensure adherence to Securiguard policies and procedures
- Oversee the mobile, vehicle and trianing departments, payroll, scheduling, accountants payable and personnel management
- Lead the Health and Safety Program, in acquiescence with the Operations Manager, Security to create a safety-minded culture on all sites
- Provides exceptional customer service to employees and ensures that People and Culture guidelines are adhered to
- Formulate creative solutions to suit business needs
- Drives process improvements to encourage efficiency in business processes
- Liaise between the client and guard force to ensure communication and service delivery is held to the highest mutual standard
- Resolve issues and challenges brought forth from the in-field leadership team and the client representatives
- Present technological solutions and value added service enhancements to the clients based on changing client needs
- Monitor and support the training progress and post/site specific knowledge of each guard on site
- Create, maintain, and deliver monthly, quarterly and annual KPI reports to the clients per our Executive Management Oversight Program
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- University Degree and/or College Diploma or Certificate in Security Operations or a related field
- Minimum two years' experience as a supervisor in an operational setting ideally within the security industry
- Strong management and leadership skills with a track record of building strong, trusted base relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Outstanding commitment to client service with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills
Sound judgment and decision making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure andtake control of incidents
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly as scheduled or operationally required
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent company culture
If the above sounds like a position that you can't pass up, we want to hear from you. Interviews are taking place now and we are ready to find our next rockstar today!