One of TPD’s exceptional clients is looking for an eager and motivated Accounting Assistant to join their rapidly growing team.
The Accounting Assistant will support the overall coordination and delivery of financial operations for the organization. As an integral member of the finance team, the Accounting Assistant will work collaboratively with different key team members to ensure prompt and accurate finance functions
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Review and process a wide variety of financial transactions
- Responsible for Accounts Payable process
- Assist team members in understanding and maintaining compliance with financial process and policies
- Prepare and distribute financial reporting
- Report to the head of the department on the efficiency and accuracy of processes and procedures
- Prepare all documents and forms required for regulatory compliance (GST, CRA, etc.)
- Provide support related to the projection process to support timely and accurate revenue and expense review
- Perform necessary bank and other reconciliations
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Grade 12 completion of a Diploma in Business, an accounting emphasis would be preferred.
- 2-3 years of broad accounting experience or a combination of the above
- Knowledge of common accounting principles and practices
- Familiarity with SAP is an asset
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple different stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Generous, industry-leading compensation plan.
- Comprehensive health, medical, dental, and wellness benefits plan.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation.
- Opportunities to advance within a dynamic, growing company!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.