Our client, a sustainably-driven and delightfully nutritious food production company, is currently seeking a Director - People & Culture (Manufacturing) to join their team, either in Washington, Wisconsin, or BC (Canada).
You will be accountable for developing and implementing the People and Culture and Leadership and Learning strategies, including training & organization development within the Manufacturing facilities. As a member of the Senior Leadership team, you will be working with the senior leaders in the areas of strategy development, short and long-term people planning, succession planning, and operational excellence to meet strategic objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partnering with managers and organizational leaders on their people needs, employee relations and talent development
- Identifying best practices in people management with an eye to continue to evolve our approach to be best in class
- Identifying leadership qualities, and establishing relevant and sustainable learning processes to develop leadership capacity in the company
- Ensuring that team members and leaders are being trained to meet the current and future needs of the organization, in a planned manner
- Developing and facilitating a process that supports leaders in the development of succession planning and career paths for high potential team members
- Consistently setting a personal example in leadership, as “servant leader”
- Developing and implementing a plan to align HR systems in support of the culture and the business objectives including total rewards, infrastructure and talent/performance management
- Providing guidance and counsel to operational and PCM leaders regarding communications, performance management, legal and policy learning and development, culture, leadership and team development
- Developing and implementing systems and procedures for monitoring employee performance and providing performance feedback
- Developing, assessing and improving internal communication approaches to support aspirational culture
- Respectfully and capably representing the best interests of the company in all internal and external dealings
- Role modelling the company's values and leadership practices.
- Building and maintaining a high performing team of human resources professionals who are capable of delivering results effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring a positive and productive work environment that will attract and retain high caliber, motivated team members
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- Related senior level experience in a manufacturing/plant environment (food industry desirable, but not required)
- Experience working within the United States of America is a requirement
- Acumen demonstrating business and entrepreneurial knowledge of leading teams, setting and meeting/exceeding company goals
- Able to identify opportunities and exhibit high energy and a willingness to be involved
- Demonstrated ability in key software applications such as Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Strong ethics in regards to privacy, confidentiality and protecting the interests of the company
- Excellent customer service skills to meet the requests of our team members
- Open to travel as much as one week a month.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Strong compensation ($120K-$140K, plus 20% bonus)
- 401K matching
- 3 weeks vacation
- Be part of a vibrant team that contributes to bringing healthy, organic food to the world in a sustainable way
- And more!
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.