This is a unique opportunity to join one of Canada's top Resource companies as their Principal Discipline Engineer. This role is open due to operations growth and is based in Mississauga.
Reporting to the Manager Discipline Engineer, the Principle Discipline Engineer will oversee EPCM-led Bulk material handling design development including belt conveyors, conveyor drives, gearboxes, bins, feeders, conveyor galleries, rail car loading facilities, rail mounted reclaimers and shiploaders. They will coordinate procurement package-related activities with internal and external stakeholders. They will assure Mine, Surface and Port Engineering related material handling engineering deliverables as well as validate equipment performance parameters, and oversight of Equipment Vendor engineering and fabrication schedules.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Level of effort scale: Underground Mine 80%, Surface Process Plant 10% and Port Facility 10%.
- Evaluates key learnings, industry leading practice and innovations in discipline engineering to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provides custodianship of all vendor data, test work, models and benchmarking
- Coordinates execution of risk and quality management plans
- Assure effective management the project’s discipline engineering scope of work.
- Leads the implementation and monitors effectiveness of improvement initiatives with support from Analysis & Improvement.
- Identifies and implements capital efficiency and productivity improvements for the projectprogram of major capital projects.
- Captures lessons learnt from development & delivery of other Major Capital Projects for incorporation into continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provides discipline engineering input to value improvement practices.
- Monitors adoption of Operational Readiness’s technical and discipline engineering standards into the program scope.
- Collaborates with the Manager Project Engineering to provide discipline engineering expertise to support the project’s integrated scope, cost & schedule requirements.
- Works directly with EPCM to develop, review approve Functional specifications and Selection criteria for each procurement package.
- Work with EPCM and the Operational Readiness team to ensure Master Data requirements are included in the equipment procurement packages. Evaluate bids accordingly.
- During Project Bridging Phase, oversee development of equipment specifications and the materials handling design.
- During Project Execution, support the procurement, quality assurance, fabrication, delivery to site, storage, transport to u/g, re-assembly, and commissioning of underground and surface material handling equipment.
- Participate in design reviews for material handling equipment assembly, maintenance outage planning, life cycle assessments, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience and advanced knowledge of multi-discipline engineering and industry standard practices.
- Previous experience with large operational development projects
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact and influence consultants and stakeholders.
- Experience in utilizing data-centric, 3D model, and digital project delivery tools.
- Experience/understanding of Bulk Materials Handling design software to interpret and understand the fundamentals of conveyor design.
- Experience with oversight, due diligence review, managing or supervising EPCM work in site/construction conditions as well in as in office environments.
- Previous experience designing, manufacturing, integrating, construction and commissioning of bulk material handling equipment for underground potash or soft-rock mining, surface and port applications.
- Knowledgeable of the assembly, commissioning, and maintenance of bulk material handling equipment for underground mining, surface and port applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in underground mining operations is required; particularly in bulk material handling, underground Potash or other mineral / soft rock mining operations is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Design life cycle of equipment such as Specification development, Procurement, Vendor engineering and design approval cycles.
- Familiarity with Strategic Procurement elements such as standardization, equipment and spares consolidation, and Vendor management.
What you get in return:
- Supportive managers and colleagues
- Strong benefits package
- Generous compensation ($120K to $180K+)
- Job security
- And more
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away. Cover letters are not required.
We thank you for your interest and look forward to reviewing your resume.