The award-winning Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC) is currently in search for a Sales Manager, US Corporate to join our team. This critical role will report directly to the Director, Sales. As part of the Sales team, the Sales Manager, US Corporate will identify and prospect potential clients for their corresponding market territory. This is a critical role on the sales team as we work together to achieve our vision to be the global leader in outstanding venues and events.
BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo) is a provincial Crown Corporation with a significant mandate to generate economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia through its world-class facilities - BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre. Our internationally- recognized facilities host a diverse range of events, from global summit meetings, professional and amateur sports to trade and consumer shows, and cultural, film and entertainment events, generating in excess of $400 million annually of economic benefit.
PavCo is recognized as a global leader in venue development, marketing, and management. The Province’s flagship stadium, BC Place is proudly referred to as “Canada’s Home Stadium” for international sporting events. The iconic Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED ® Platinum certified convention facility and has twice been named “World’s Best Convention Centre”.
Across all business units, PavCo’s team of approximately 800 staff collaborate with a diverse range of local and international partners, official suppliers with over 1,400 staff, and clientele to host an exciting year-round schedule of events. Together, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of commitment, skill, and professionalism as we host exceptional experiences for a global audience.
WHY WORK WITH US:
Located on Vancouver’s downtown waterfront with a dramatic mountain backdrop, the Vancouver Convention Centre offers one of the most beautiful settings in the world to build your career.
Our award-winning facility hosts more than 550 events a year, from global conventions and trade and consumer shows to meetings, banquets, and special events, welcoming hundreds of thousands of attendees from around the world. Apart from generating vital economic activity for BC, these events provide an important platform for the exchange of knowledge and information across industry sectors. The Convention Centre is an enviable position, consistently attracting globally sought-after events that bring industry leaders from around the world working in medicine, education, arts, intellectual science, and many other influential fields.
Apart from the distinction of ‘Best Convention Centre and Best Convention Centre Service in North America’ by Watkins Research Group, we are proud to be the world’s first double LEED ® Platinum certified convention centre. Our commitment to global leadership in environmental sustainability does not stop at our building; we follow sustainable practices daily from our ‘scratch’ kitchen that provides healthy food offerings to our staff and guests using fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, to our extensive facility-wide recycling program.
At the Convention Centre, you will join an extraordinary team recognized for a commitment to delivering unparalleled, seamless service to our guests and leadership in all aspects of our business. Our leaders are passionate about the growth of others, investing the time to coach, teach and advise every day. Leaders look for talent and find opportunities for that talent to flourish and shine.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop a strategic sales plan that not only identifies prospective business but also ascertains the unique needs and requirements of each client so that the community can create compelling proposals in order to win business.
- Develop sales strategies, action plans, critical paths, and individual goals for the market territory that support the overarching fiscal goals of the Sales Department.
- Negotiate contracts and space rental rates in what is an extremely competitive marketplace. There is the constant balance required between maximizing economic benefit for the Province through the number of out of town attendees and the need for the facility to maintain and increase revenues.
- Identify and develops promotional opportunities in collaboration with relevant industry partners for the market area including ongoing evaluation of business information from sources such as market intelligence, trends, industry changes, and internet research.
- Actively pursue leads sourced by industry partners such as Tourism Vancouver, area Hotels, and other third party event organizers.
- Implement a proactive re-booking strategy to secure repeat business.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You have a combination of post-secondary education in Business Management, Sales Strategy, or Tourism and five to seven years of applicable experience.
- You are aware of and responsive to nonverbal communication styles, recognizing and adapts to cultural differences in communication styles
- You will hold yourself and team accountable to service excellence through establishing high standards, measuring performance and implementing initiatives of continuous improvement.
- You exhibit confidence, sophistication and persuasiveness in all forms of communication; you’re able to articulate a vision by delivering a clear and intentional message and checking for understanding. Empathy, self-awareness, and presence are essential.
- You are agile and adaptive.
- You resonate with Vancouver Convention Centre’s business principles and values and are intrinsically motivated to meet the collective financial goals through your relentless focus and contribution to the sales team.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
At PavCo, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer that provides equal access to our employment opportunities based on ability. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year