Our client, a well established and reputable bio-health pharmaceutical company, currently has a rare opportunity for a hands-on Senior Accountant for their Vancouver office.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant is responsible for full-cycle accounting, including reconciliations, financial statement preparation, budgeting, variance analysis and year-end audit working papers.
This role is ideal for an accountant who likes to be involved in and manage a full spectrum of accounting responsibilities and projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Full cycle accounting
- Assisting with preparation of consolidated financial statements under US GAAP and preparing supporting working papers
- Establishing and performing month-end close procedures and preparing monthly accruals
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and posting journal entries
- Overseeing the accounts payable function and building relationships with vendors
- Variance analysis, assisting with the budget process and providing support and financial insights to the operational team
- Managing bank accounts and currency conversions and assisting with cash flow projections and analysis
- Support for various projects
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- CPA Designation in good standing
- Progressive accounting experience
- Public company experience preferred
- Biotech/life sciences company experience is an asset, but not required
- Project accounting is a strong asset
- Experience at one of the big 4 accounting firms would be an asset
- Detail-oriented with strong technical, analytical and organizational skills
- A dynamic personality with an ability to learn quickly, be proactive and adapt to changing requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively autonomously and in a team-oriented environment
- Aptitude to leverage technology to gain efficiencies
- Ability and willingness to take on a variety of work
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Salary ($65K to $77K, dependent on experience)
- Competitive extended health & dental benefits plan offered
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- 3 weeks vacation to start
- Stock options
If you are ready for a new challenge within a cutting edge organization, we’re interested in hearing from you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.