Have your own transportation? Looking for full-time, on-going work? Looking to start right away? This may be the position for you.
Our client a Japanese food and chemical corporation which produces seasonings, cooking oils, TV dinners, sweeteners, amino acids, and pharmaceuticals, is looking for full-time material handlers to join their growing team.
Under the general supervision of the Production Lead, ensure machines are working at full capacity while producing a quality product. Machine operators make sure machines are well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output. Visually inspect production run and document results. Determine and report malfunctions to appropriate parties. Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area.
- Effectively and efficiently perform the safe operation of various machinery in the areas of set-up, troubleshooting and break down during operation.
- In a timely manner, set up, start-up and break down during the beginning and end of all production shifts.
- Must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot effectively in order to minimize Production downtime.
- Regularly make adjustments necessary to maximize production machine efficiency. Must be able and willing to communicate all improvements to all team members and key departments.
- Reduce downtime by actively identifying mechanical issues which have the potential for machine breakdown or downtime and reports to Leads and/or Supervisors.
- May be required to operate other equipment necessary in the production process.
- Practice and follow all GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) at all times during production.
- Must be able to read and write and understand English
- Must be able to solve simple mathematical equations involving percentages
- Motivated and Energetic
- Mechanically Inclined
- Attention to detail
- Have the drive to learn and grow with the company
- Must be able to comprehend and take directions
- Flexibility in schedule and can work different hours.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay
- All PPE is provided
- Paid sick time and PTO
- Raises and incentives will be provided upon completion of the probationary period
- Opportunities for advancement
- Overtime rates
All positions would be considered for temp to hire, depending on performance and fit.
As a TPD employee you will enjoy: weekly pay available via Direct Deposit, Employer Paid Benefits and a chance to work with a supportive management team.
If you want to get started with a great team, build your experience and develop your skills, submit your resume online today! No cover letter required.