Our client, a dynamic new home builder whose founders are well seasoned in building great places to live, is looking for a Land Development Manager to join their team on their next large-scale project in Colwood, BC.
Working directly with the Senior Development Manager, the Land Development Manager will be responsible for the management of several, concurrent multi-lot subdivision, road construction, and park development phases which are part of the long-term Master-Planned Community at Royal Bay, in the City of Colwood, BC.
This position will require the direct management of the project civil engineering consultants, and be responsible for site planning and design, municipal permitting and approvals for civil projects, and project and financial management, as well as site operations, property management, and stakeholder management
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- The Development Manager will play an in-depth role in land development, working with City of Colwood staff and stakeholders, including civil engineers, landscape architects and contractors to obtain land use approvals and permits in an efficient and timely manner.
- Oversight and administration of general contracts for large scale earthworks, road construction and subdivision development, park design and construction, boulevard landscaping and more.
Maintain diligent and organized project administration records for all projects under their responsibility. This includes maintaining up to date project schedules, taking and distributing meeting minutes, review and cost coding of Progress Certificates, tracking progress to approved budgets, administering change orders, RFIs and other project records.
Maintain development cost estimates provided by the project Civil Engineering consultant, and translate those estimates into full project budgets. They will ensure the financial outcomes of the project are realized and managed through unforeseen events and challenges.
The Development Manager will implement project management and file systems for their work, working within the overall structure to maintain, expand, and improve on existing processes.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Previous large-scale Real Estate Development and/or Land Development experience
- Civil Engineering Degree and/or Urban Planning Degree and/or Real Estate Degree and/or
Project Management / Systems Implementation training and/or Architectural Technologist/Landscaper.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; be proactive; and understand the importance of detail and meeting schedule.
- Understanding of the development approval process and the municipal approval environment.
- Understanding of overall development process and life cycle.
- Highly competent in cash flow analysis and budgeting.
- High level of computer skills and understanding of computer programs (Microsoft Office, Excel, Project Management).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of MMCD contracts and/or other unit rate contracts, as well as forecasting costs using unit rates is desired.
- Stays current with safety codes, engineering standards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Energetic and self-starter who is passionate about community building.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, time-management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Compensation ($100K to 150K), plus Bonus
- Ample room for growth
- Relocation bonus
- And more!
Interviews are taking place immediately and cover letters are not required.