Work With Us are a non-profit organization, powered by TPD, looking to help you with your job search. Are you experiencing barriers to employment? Do you feel as though you would be a great addition to our work-force? If so, then apply today, we specialize in helping people experiencing barriers to employment, we work with companies that are proud of their diversity and inclusion programs and we want to work with you!
Our Client, is a leading building envelope, mechanical insulation, roofing and daylighting subcontractor that serves the Commercial and Industrial markets across Western Canada and beyond, is looking to hire multiple labourers to work across 3 transit accessible sites in the Vancouver area.
Do you have experience in construction? Are you comfortable working at heights? And are you comfortable working on scaffolding? If so, this might be the position for you
This is a role that could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate, if you work hard and have the right attitude, anything is possible. If you are doing the following, you are already a step in the right direction:
- Complete all assigned tasks to required standard in appropriate time frame and in a safe manner.
- Desire to advance to a more skilled position.
- Maintain a healthy, safe and productive work environment.
- Willingness to learn and accept new responsibilities.
- Demonstrate reliability and accountability through daily attendance and participation.
What you will be doing:
- Ability to work at heights.
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work area. (up to 50lbs)
- Assist Journeypersons in construction activities.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites.
- Operate some hand tools such as cordless drills and grinders.
- Tasks and duties as directed by the site foremen.
- Follow company Policy and Procedures.
- Daily attendance and participation required.
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and other crew members.
What you need:
- Basic Math and English skills preferably at a High school level.
- Experience with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Able to pass Drug and Alcohol test (including THC).
- Possess reliable transportation to job site (Transit friendly locations).
- Physically able to lift heavy loads.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours in variable weather conditions.
- Able to acquire all safety training and accreditation.
Certifications and PPE
- Must have fall arrest ticket. Client is willing to send people to get certification.
- Must have tool belt, CSA Approved steel toed boots. Client will supply hardhat + safety vest if employees need.
What you get in return:
- Full time hours (40 hrs per week) in a transit friendly location.
- Overtime is available and encouraged.
- $20 to $25 an hour starting rates (based on experience).
- Paid weekly by direct deposit.
- Foot in the door of a major company.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Employer paid benefits after 600 hours.
- Fun working atmosphere!
No cover letter required. Apply today!