Do you have experience in construction? Are you comfortable working with heights? If so, this could be the position for you!
TPD's client is a leading building envelope, mechanical insulation, roofing and daylighting subcontractor that serves the Commercial and Industrial markets across Western Canada and beyond. They are looking for a Journeyman Cladder to come join their team!
Journeyman Cladders in construction work both indoors and outdoors, often in uncomfortable or varied weather conditions, on aerial equipment such as: Ladders, swing stages, aerial lifts and scaffolds, in heights exceeding 30 meters. Heavy lifting is a job requirement so a degree of fitness is needed.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Install a variety of products to high quality standard, in a safe and timely manner
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas
- Assist fellow tradespersons in construction activities
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools such as cordless drills, grinders, cutoff saws etc.
- Install company products including, insulation and membrane
- Apply caulking and adhesives
- Erect and dismantle scaffolding
- Set up move or dismantle swing stages
- Follow company Policy and Procedures
- Daily attendance and active participation required.
- Properly complete and submit time and expense sheets
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and all other co-workers
- Participate in weekly toolbox and safety meetings
- Other tasks and duties as directed by the site foremen.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Basic Math and English skills preferably at a High school level
- Experience with a variety of hand and power tools
- Experience in accepted installation methods
- Possess a means of reliable transportation to job site
- Physically able to lift heavy loads and work in excess of 8 hours in variable weather conditions
- Able to acquire all safety training and accreditation
- Able to pass Drug and Alcohol test (including THC)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work at heights
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Wage: $30 - $40 an hour (based on experience)
- Overtime is available and encouraged!
- 100% Employer paid benefits after probation
- Training provided
- Work with leaders in the industry!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!