Do you have experience in construction? Are you comfortable working with heights? If so, this could be the position for you!
TPD's client is a leading building envelope, mechanical insulation, roofing and daylighting subcontractor that serves the Commercial and Industrial markets across Western Canada and beyond. They are looking for a Journeyman Cladder to come join their team!
Journeyman Cladders in construction work both indoors and outdoors, often in uncomfortable or varied weather conditions, on aerial equipment such as: Ladders, swing stages, aerial lifts and scaffolds, in heights exceeding 30 meters. Heavy lifting is a job requirement so a degree of fitness is needed.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Install a variety of products to high quality standard, in a safe and timely manner
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas
- Assist fellow tradespersons in construction activities
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools such as cordless drills, grinders, cutoff saws etc.
- Install company products including, insulation and membrane
- Apply caulking and adhesives
- Erect and dismantle scaffolding
- Set up move or dismantle swing stages
- Follow company Policy and Procedures
- Daily attendance and active participation required.
- Properly complete and submit time and expense sheets
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and all other co-workers
- Participate in weekly toolbox and safety meetings
- Other tasks and duties as directed by the site foremen.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Basic Math and English skills preferably at a High school level
- Experience with a variety of hand and power tools
- Experience in accepted installation methods
- Possess a means of reliable transportation to job site
- Physically able to lift heavy loads and work in excess of 8 hours in variable weather conditions
- Able to acquire all safety training and accreditation
- Able to pass Drug and Alcohol test (including THC)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work at heights
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Wage: $30 - $40 an hour (based on experience)
- Overtime is available and encouraged!
- 100% Employer paid benefits after probation
- Training provided
- Work with leaders in the industry!
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away! No cover letter required.
We look forward to reviewing your resume!
Our job board has moved, please check us out here.