Our client, a respected leader in the architectural industry, has a rare opening for a Front Desk Receptionist. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, well-established organization.
Position is open as the last person has been promoted.
Experience a high-energy, fast-paced work environment that's both competitive and rewarding. Soar with the support of great coaches and an excellent team.
The Front Desk Receptionist will attend to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. Supplies information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers. The Receptionist is accountable for providing customer service, general clerical and administrative services to ensure that the Partnership’s front office is functioning in effective and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Answers telephone, screens and directs calls.
- Respond professionally to visitors and callers
- Maintains multi-line switchboard / telecommunication system
- Directs visitors to correct destination.
- Maintains reception appointment diary (manually or electronically), schedules appointments
- Coordinates conference and meeting room bookings and organizes and sets up catering orders
- Monitors and maintains shared office equipment (presentation equipment, digital cameras, laser measures, etc.)
- Receives, sorts mail and coordinates courier pick-up and delivery
- Maintains a neat and well-groomed appearance
- Maintains tidy, safe and clean reception, meeting rooms and kitchen area.
- Ordering lunches for In-house client meetings, Lunch N’ Learn Continuing Education seminars
- Managing inventory for and the ordering of all office supplies, kitchen supplies, etc.
- Possible overflow general word processing or Admin duties if required by Project Coordinators/Assistants (Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Archiving completed project documents and coordinating return of project files from off-site storage
- Any other general office duties as might be required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work a switchboard
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e.: Word, Contacts, Calendar, etc.)
- Communicates verbally with confidence and clarity
- Professional personal presentation and demeanor
- Customer service orientation
- Organizing, planning, listening and attention to detail
- Initiative, reliability
- Fast typing skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Previous reception experience in a professional firm
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Excellent compensation ( $50K to $55K)
- Full benefit coverage
- Dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Excellent training program
Interviews are taking place immediately and cover letters are not required.