Would you like to work in a fast pace environment with a internationally established and growing company?
TPD's client is one of the largest cannabis companies in the world.
This rapidly growing company in the cannabis industry is ranked #1 on INC 5000. We're looking for a highly-motivated, bright, talented and professional Cost Accountant to join their team in Portland!
If you have an “Everything is Possible” attitude, you'll fit right in!
The Cost Accountant analyzes manufacturing processes and costs to establish standard labor, material, and overhead associated with the product. This role requires an energetic self-starter who can be flexible, learn quickly and troubleshoot in an often-ambiguous environment.
- Develop overhead, and labor standards as required by GAAP
- Review, and analyze cost pools for accuracy, proper distribution of labor, overhead cost
- Participate in month-end close, prepare general ledger entries and inventory reconciliations including prepaid inventory and received not invoiced
- Analyze standard cost variance accounts on a regular basis
- Assist in developing policies, procedures and system controls relating to inventory and costing
- Identify continuous process improvement opportunities
- Help maintain standard costs to accurately reflect material and production costs
- Bill of Materials Costing
- Assist with internal and external audits of cost
- Participate in physical inventory counts and investigate variances to resolve issues
- Assists with related special projects as required
- BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Previous Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing/warehouse/inventory environment
- Experience with ERP systems (Dynamics NAV a plus)
- Ability to develop and accurately prepare cost analysis reporting
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Possess strong communication skills and analytical, problem-solving skills
- Competitive Salary: $58K to $73K annually based on experience
- Full Time Hours - Monday to Friday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Can be Flexible)
- A people focused culture that insists on putting employees first
- Competitive and fully paid benefits after probation period
- Ability to be a leader to a growing office team
- Opportunity to work in an emerging market with endless growth opportunities
- Many other perks such as Free financial planning programs, discounted gym memberships, transit pass, etc
Interviews commence THIS week!
Send us your resume today (no cover letters required) for consideration.
We look forward to working with you!