TPD is looking for a Communities & Social Performance Coordinator to assist one of the largest mining companies in the world with the development of an advanced stage exploration project.
The Coordinator - Communities & Social Performance (CSP) to provide support to the CSP Senior Advisor through the implementation and delivery of key CSP initiatives, community development and training.
The role is based in Saskatoon, SK but the incumbent will have to travel to the project site and to various local surrounding communities. The position would be a 12 month contract, with a strong chance of extension for the right candidate.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to support multi-disciplinary team and provide support to CSP and our diamond exploration project in Saskatchewan, Canada. Reporting to the CSP Senior Advisor, you will:
- Support local business procurement and employment for the current and future phases of the project
- Support potential Joint Venture partnerships with Indigenous communities during future project phases.
- Identify potential training opportunities and facilitate training development opportunities for local Indigenous communities with education institutions
- Support and implement recommendations related to company commitments with local communities.
- Facilitate and support open houses and job fairs
- Update workforce plan for the project
- Identify government funding opportunities for local communities
- Identify potential business partners for local Indigenous communities
- Maintain workforce, resume and business tracking database
- Support contractor procurement with the Operations Manager
- Communicate all employment opportunities to local communities
- Implement, track and report any business development/ employment commitments pertaining to the project
- Support project specific heritage and cultural resource studies
What you will need for this role
The ideal candidate will have
- University degree
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in building relationships with communities and businesses
- Previous experience in exploration and resource projects
- Practical problem solving skills in researching and resolving community issues as they relate to workforce and training development
- Sound communication skills including the ability to write recommendations and reports for management and present information on opportunities which will benefit the project and local communities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with field managers to achieve outcomes through the sharing of expertise, skills and technical capability
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel to remote project locations within Canada
- Experience working with Indigenous communities is considered an asset
Interviews are taking place right away. To apply, kindly submit your resume (cover letter not required). We encourage you to follow up on the status of your application by calling TPD at 1-888-685-3530 x 310
TPD will not share your information with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as privacy and confidentiality are part of TPD's core values.