Our client, a well-established, locally owned and operated property management firm, is currently seeking a Strata Manager to join their team.
The Strata Manager will provide strata management services to the strata corporation buildings within their portfolio by working with the Strata Council and Owners, providing information, guidance and services as required and requested.
The portfolio consists of larger residential buildings located in Yaletown.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- The strata manager is the “visible” person who sees and communicates with owners, residents and contractors.
- The strata manager shall manage the client’s expectations by performing the required work in a timely manner and communicating effectively.
- Prepare for and assist with facilitating, if required, strata council meetings and general meetings.
- Handle and process all operational correspondence and owner communications as required and / or as directed by the Strata Council.
- Assist Strata Councils in preparing annual budgets and planning for capital (Contingency Reserve Fund / Special Levy) expenditures.
- Inform Strata Councils regarding legislative requirements and assist with interpretation of financial information through monthly financial statement review.
- Review and prepare purchase orders for regular maintenance / service items. Maintain proper records of work.
- Supervise onsite staff and / or resident caretaker(s) / building managers if applicable, and as detailed in the site staff’s employment agreement.
- Maintain client security and privacy by tracking and safekeeping building keys, keeping the Strata Council aware of potential problems and by abiding by the Privacy Act.
- Monitor and review maintenance and service contracts in the name of the corporation on an ongoing basis and as directed by the Strata Council.
- Negotiate service contract renewals as required and approved by the Strata Council.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Knowledge of property management principles, procedures and standards as applied to strata corporations.
- Working knowledge of the Strata Property Act and Regulations, Real Estate Services Act, Regulation and Council Rules, privacy legislation and industry updates.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to all clients.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret correspondence, directives, bylaws, government regulations etc.
- Ability to prepare agendas, minutes of meetings and business correspondence.
- Ability to facilitate meetings, engage in public speaking and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients at council meetings and general meetings.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts for preparation of budgets, contracts and review of financial statements and contractor’s estimates.
- Ability to address complaints and solve problems involving various situations in a busy environment.
- Ability to use office equipment including knowledge of computer software Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Experience with Yardi System or similar an asset.
- General knowledge of building design (plumbing, heating, roofing, siding, electrical, etc.).
- Ability to be proactive and anticipate client’s needs (e.g. reading all documents and planning upcoming issues by obtaining quotes as necessary in advance of the due date).
- Valid driver’s license with a reliable vehicle
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Strong Compensation ($80K to $100K + Bonus, dependent on experience)
- Benefits Plan
- Company social events
- Strong Work/Life balance
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- And more!
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.