TPD's client is a not-for-profit industry organization who's goal is to make the manufacturing industry a safer place to work and create a culture of safety where every worker safely returns home to his/her family each night.
The ideal HR consultant will share the same passion to achieve success as the results of their work impact many.
This position acts as a generalist in most HR functions such as; recruitment and selection, compensation, benefits administration, training, and employee relations.
This is a temporary part time contract with 2 days per week, based in Chilliwack
What you'll be responsible for:
- Maintain knowledge on national/regional HR trends, legislative and compliance requirements, and industry best practices. Assist Executive management with HR planning through review of workforce demographics and labor market analysis including professional level profiles to support the organization;
- Developing and maintaining an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes the core values including quality, continuous improvement, and high performance;
- Identify human resource focused strategies that support the organization’s objectives and assist management with their role in implementing change;
- Partnering with management to understand the long-term organizational objectives, identify areas of opportunity and implement Human Resource interventions needed to meet the short and longer-term growth strategies;
- Participate in budget process including forecasting and organizational growth targets;
- Designing, developing and executing best-practice initiatives for human resources policies and programs, including succession and career planning, performance appraisals, recruitment, on-boarding and employee retention;
- Lead change agent on strategy, training and execution to build awareness of new human resources processes and facilitating successful process, behavior and cultural change;
- Supervising the development and maintenance of actionable, proactive metrics that drive forecasting capabilities and strategic insights;
- Oversee the effective management of the health & safety management system certification program (Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence);
- Overseeing and providing strong mentorship to the management and team through effective training, coaching and team building;
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the department ensuring security and accuracy of employee records, consistency of practice and maintenance of optimum service levels;
- Ensuring effective benefit and compensation policies, practices and systems are in place and managed;
- Chairing or co-chairing Committees as required to support the organization;
- Lead and drive organizational design, compensation and benefits, succession planning, talent development and employee relations
What you bring to the table:
- 7-10 years if HR experience
- CPHR Designated
- Masters degree in Business Management or Human Resources
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience supporting staff in a manufacturing/ industrial environment
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skill
- Strong leader with exceptional written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and keep organized
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
What you receive in return:
- Open and transparent culture
- Opportunity to help grow company culture
- Competitive compensation ($38-43 per hour)
- Opportunity for full time permanent position
- Autonomy in the role
- Comprehensive benefits
- and more!
Interviews are taking place right away and cover letters are not required.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your resume.