TPD is currently recruiting for a Fleet Manager to join one of our clients in the Vancouver Metro to manage their fleet of passenger vehicles. This Fleet Manager will be accountable for the daily management, maintenance, and processing of the fleet. In partnership with multiple key stakeholders, the Fleet Manager will assess the needs of different projects and assign fleet resources to meet the needs of each project. We are looking for a car-savvy, operational expert to join this growing and expanding company.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze short term and long term demand for vehicles in order to plan the number and
type of leases/purchases/rentals that may be required to complement the fleet at any
- Allocate vehicles to work sites based on the operational business requirements and
cost-effectiveness to the Company
- Make recommendations to Management on financial and operational efficiency of
individual vehicles, and reallocate vehicles to ensure optimal usage
- Coordinate all vehicle physical movements, acquisitions, disposals, and related
administration and paperwork
- Work with Finance Department to create fleet capital and operational budgets. Track
expenses against budgets.
- Create vehicle maintenance schedules, coordinate maintenances, keep records, verify
and approve maintenance invoices.
- Create and update policy and procedures, to include vehicle procurement, assignment,
use, replacement, accident reporting process, and other procedures.
- Design, implement and manage driver education programs. Make recommendations for
driver selections and recruitment.
- Negotiate master agreements with leasing, rental, maintenance vendors for optimal
terms and conditions
- Manage all insurance and claims issues
What you bring to the table.
- 3-5 Years Experience in a Vehicle Management capacity
- Post Secondary Education (Preferred, but not required)
- World-Class Customer Service Mentality
- Understanding of vehicle systems and technology. Enough knowledge to negotiate with
mechanics and ensure all repairs are necessary and done safely and economically
- Experience in tracking total cost of ownership (TCO), to determine what vehicles are
performing as predicted and what aren’t, for purposes of vehicle selection. Create and
analyze vehicle cost and exception reports.
If you fit the bill for all of the above, we want to hear from you! We are looking to make our hiring decision rather quickly and interviews are happening now. We look forward to reviewing your talents soon!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.