Our client, a highly established and building materials company, has an opportunity for a Shipper/Receiver to join their team.
The successful candidate is reliable, team oriented, and energetic. You have a solid work ethic and proven longevity with your previous employers.
You must be organized, disciplined in your ability to handle multiple tasks, enthusiastic, and have a desire to make a positive impact in our organization.
You have a proven ability to problem solve, have time management and organizational skills, have solid judgment and decision-making abilities, be customer-service oriented with the ability to engage in active listening and learning.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Picking and packing orders. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Safe operation of battery and fuel-powered equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, generator)
- Receiving, counting, verifying and sorting truck and container shipments.
- Attention to detail is essential as we have many similar products.
- Processing courier waybills associated with shipping.
- Process return of materials due to warranty and damage claims.
- Maintain stock rotation using FIFO and account for obsolete stock.
- General maintenance and labor involved in the day to day operation of the warehouse.
- Provide full customer service to local customers including responding to product-related questions, order-entry, and general customer service.
- You will be expected to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Previous shipping/receiving experience.
- Must be certified to operate a forklift to SDCB Class 5 and SUNA Class 2 (or able to obtain)
- Valid certification: First Aid for Industry (OFA Level 1 Equivalent)
- Must have the ability and desire to work under pressure, alone and with others, in a busy warehouse handling time-sensitive orders.
- A high degree of accuracy is necessary to succeed at this job.
- Must be able to problem solve, demonstrate attention to detail and be able to handle a high degree of stress during periodic busy times.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math skills.
- Must be organized, be able to work independently, take initiative, be able to prioritize, and must be capable and willing to follow strict procedures in place that ensure all transactions are transparent and the highest possible level of customer service and satisfaction is achieved.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and flexible, dependable and operate with integrity.
- Customer service experience is an asset.
- English fluency is a must.
- Must have the ability to work with basic power tools such as a drill, circular saw and table saw.
- A solid work ethic. The successful candidate values a good attendance record, is consistently punctual and puts in a solid day’s work.
- Must be in good physical condition. Daily duties involve bending and lifting.
- Must have steel-toed boots in good repair.
- Basic computer and keyboarding knowledge.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Salary $38K to 43K (depending on experience)
- Competitive extended health & dental benefits plan offered.
- Intensive 3-week training provided. Ongoing product training provided throughout the candidate’s employment.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.