Our client is a leading Canadian Cost Consultancy and Risk Advisory Firm operating within the Development, Construction, P3 and Infrastructure markets.
We have an exciting opportunity in Toronto for a strong Senior Accountant who is interested in joining the Construction industry. The primary purpose of this role is to oversee day-to-day accounting transactions for our Canadian operation. This will include semi-monthly payroll, bank reconciliations, GST/HST Remittance and group benefit administration. The successful candidate will be expected to be an expert user of our Accounting software and be able to provide auxiliary support to the Invoicing and Payables function. The role requires a broad range of accounting knowledge and experience including but not limited to: A/R, A/P, Regulatory Filings (GST/HST, WCB), Bank Reconciliation, Cash Flow Forecast, G/L Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Inter-office/Inter-company Allocation, Gross Margin Analysis, Variance Analysis, Internal Payroll, Profit Share Calculation, Benefit Sign up, ROE, Vacation Accrual, Bad Debts, Process and Reconciliation of the Corporate Credit Card.
We offer a competitive salary, annual bonus and full benefits. The company is supportive of training, staff development, accreditation and regular appraisals.
An overview of the responsibilities includes:
- Bank Reconciliation – Reconcile and monitor general bank account on a daily basis. Update cash flow forecast worksheet. Prepare detailed general and payroll bank reconciliation at the end of each month.
- Regulatory Filing – Filing monthly GST remittance, monthly/quarterly/annual WCB remittance.
- A/P – Coding invoices, credit card payments, and expense reports. Entering A/P into accounting system and process EFT and cheque payments.
- Month-end Compilation – Record journal entries and adjusting entries, reconcile various balance sheet G/L accounts and perform gross margin analysis.
- Internal Payroll – Process semi-monthly internal payroll. Ensure LTD and employee portion of benefits are up to date
- Administrative – Invoicing, benefit sign up, processing credit card payments, answering various inquiries from internal and external parties.
Required skills and expertise:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the Accounting field
- A bachelor degree in Accounting and/or CPA designation
- Hands-on experience in accounting software
- Proficiency in Excel and general IT skill
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Proven strategic thinker with analytical skills
Why work with us?:
- Collaborative and Team-Oriented Environment
- Open and Honest Communication - No beating around the bush!
- Let's Get Stuff Done - We are focused on the goal and what it takes to get there.
- Growth - we want you to be successful, the better you are, the better we are!