Our client, one of North America's top fresh produce companies, has an opportunity for a Cost Accountant to join their BC team.
In this role, you would be responsible for preparing periodic supplier financial information and reports. Also, provide support to the accounting team and to internal and external customers. If you are detail oriented, have strong communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment this could be the opportunity for you! We are accepting applications immediately.
As a Cost Account, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing operational financial information for clients within predetermined deadlines; conducts related business analysis
- Completes weekly and monthly accounting entries as they relate to business units.
- Prepares supplier settlements in a timely manner
- Supports and follows company and department systems and protocols including documentation and reporting
- Assists in compiling accounting information and data on sales and expenses, analyzes results and produces reports
- Assists with reconciliation of lots and accounts and preparation for deal archive.
- Investigates and resolves account issues in a timely manner. Identifies procedural issues and provides recommendations for improvement.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree, diploma in business with a focus on accounting and finance is an asset
- 1-3 years of experience in an accounting environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel; general knowledge of computer accounting systems
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork
- Ability to work independently, make appropriate decisions quickly, and communicate information to appropriate parties
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of accounting best practices
- Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent tasks and projects
Join this team and enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Positive environment without micro management
- Opportunity for career growth
- Pension plan
- Educational reimbursement
- Massage therapist on site - every Thursday
Interviews are taking place immediately, so please apply right away with your resume!
We thank you for your interest.