Our client, one of North America's top fresh produce companies, has an opportunity for a Corporate Accountant to join their BC team.
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for collaborating with the corporate accounting team, ensuring reports and information are accurately completed and on time for internal and external parties. As well as full cycle accounting, reconciliations, accounting analysis and identifying and resolving discrepancies. If you are detail oriented, have strong communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment this could be the opportunity for you! We are accepting applications immediately.
In this accounting role you will be responsible for:
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliation
- Assists with the accounting cycle and year-end reporting by conducting accounting analysis including revenue, expense and trade funds to ensure financial reports are free from material misstatement.
- Conducts rebate analysis, processes rebate payments and provides coding for rebate deductions.
- Analyzes volume incentive contracts and entitlements; reconciles rebate accruals and processes rebate payments.
- Provides timely and accurate processing of accounting invoices by reviewing invoices, coding or processing for payment, entering information in computerized files and preparing monthly journal entries.
- Provides timely and accurate processing of multiple currency banking transactions; performs reconciliations to ensure accurate financial reports are in place for foreign exchange hedge decision making.
- Assists in providing external and internal audit requirements in order to minimize financial losses and uphold standards and regulatory requirements.
- Performs data filling to improve document organization and ensure appropriate tax filing standards are being met.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Diploma, Degree in business or financial management; BBA preferred but not required
- 1-5 years of experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Ability to act with integrity to protect confidential information and adhere to corporate standards and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organization skills; ability to prioritize multiple demands in a timely manner
- Self-motivated with high standards; ability to work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong evaluative and analytical skills; ability to problem solve and make appropriate accounting decisions
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external personnel at all levels of the organization
Join this team and enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Work life balance
- Positive environment without micro management
- Opportunity for career growth
- Pension plan
- Educational reimbursement
- Massage therapist on site - every Thursday
Interviews are taking place immediately, so please apply right away with your resume!
We thank you for your interest.