Are you an analytical and process driven finance and accounting guru? TPD is helping Pacific Solutions Contracting Ltd. find an extraordinary accountancy leader as their new Controller! We are looking to add a competent and agile financial leader to the team that has the ability to manage all areas of the accounting function while providing strategic insights into fiscal forecasting, company sustainability, and technology implementation.
Pacific is more than a woodshop, it’s a creative hub for design-driven craftsmanship. We’re made up of hands-on makers who create tailored solutions for products and experiences that stand out and spark conversation. Above all, we take pride in collaborating with local communities, businesses and partners to bring their visions, big and small, to life. Why? Because we love our city and we want to see it thrive.
WHY WORK WITH US:
- Flexible Work/Life Balance - We place an importance on Family & Fun and aim to ensure you have enough time for work & life. We will work with you to create a flexible/mutually beneficial work agreement.
- Collaborative - We work together as a team to achieve our objectives & solve problems. We have an open door policy that ensures our leadership is accessible and open to ideas & feedback.
- Accountable - We hold everyone on our team to a high level of accountability. We take accountability for our successes and failures, you should too.
- Growth - We are constantly growing. We have more business than we know what to do with, which is always a good problem to have. As we grow, you grow. We want our teams to grow with us which is why we make this a central piece of our operation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Management, creation, and integration of all operational systems/processes with respect to accounting inputs.
- Fully functioning cost management/reporting of all projects.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and maintaining trial balance and general ledgers.
- Creation, and collection of Invoicing/ AR.
- Tracking, and payment of Bills/AP.
- Communicating with clients in regards to account receivables.
- Oversee and administer full cycle payroll.
- Ensure compliance and payment with all necessary regulatory requirements (CRA, GST, PD7A, WCB, etc.)
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and cash management.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements.
- Creation and maintenance of chart of accounts.
- Collection, and processing of employee expenses.
- HR- Administration of company benefit plans and hiring administration.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- CPA/CGA accounting designation - Required
- 1-3 years of Sage 100 or 300 experience - Preferred (Extensive experience with other accounting software may meet this requirement)
- 5-7 years of related accounting experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Expert user in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiar with both PC and MAC an asset.
- Experience working with complex transactions and job costing
- High level of knowledge of financial modeling and reporting
WHAT MAKES YOU A SUCCESSFUL TEAM MEMBER:
- Growth Mindset - You are always looking ahead on what we need to do to get to where we are going. You don't allow small challenges to direct your focus, rather you maintain laser focus on the big picture and do what it takes to get there.
- Agile - You have the ability to alter you strategy to overcome obstacles at the drop of a hat. You create order in chaos and love doing it! You pivot from one area to the next seamlessly and with ease, even with constantly competing priorities.
- Inclusively Engaged - We value the opinion of all team members. No matter title, rank, age, or ability, everyone on the team is welcome to share with us. We do our best to foster a fun and engaging culture, you should be ready to dive head-first in with us! (It helps that we are funny too!)
If you have gotten this far and feel you have checked off all the boxes, we would love to hear from you! Be clever in the "What makes me unique" section of the application, we want to know about you!
-Pacific Solutions Contracting Team