Our client, one of the most established North American construction material manufacturers, currently has a rare opportunity for an Operations Manager/Director to join their dynamic team.
This is a company with over $450M in revenues which has seen strong and consistent growth year over year while priding themselves in being a top employer.
*This search is open to candidates Canada wide and relocation will be provided*
The Operations Manager/Director will provide overall direction and guidance to the manufacturing operation
activities. They will be responsible for improving manufacturing processes, finding better
efficiencies, managing cost, labor, and developing plans for overall improvements within the facility.
- Drive detailed development of long term manufacturing capacity planning to meet the growth plans
- Develop operational structure and program to initiate tighter cost control and more aggressive cost reductions
- Ensure premises, assets and communication methods are used effectively
- Update and oversee all of the manufacturing processes
- Maintain logs and records of production
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management and cost keeping
- Ongoing development & improvement with processes, methodologies and metrics
- Researches and identifies best practices, policies & methodologies (including LEAN)
- Responsible for managing upkeep, efficiencies and cleanliness of the plant(s)
- Assesses personnel and monitors the flow of work in process through the manufacturing facility
- Investigates quality issues and implements corrective actions
- Actively provides development opportunities to the team and searches out ways to improve their contributions
What will make you successful:
- Previous senior leadership experience within manufacturing
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills
- Strong leader with exceptional written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office – with above average Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and keep organized
- Able to take direction and follow through completion
- A true passion for manufacturing
- Ability to be a change leader in specific areas
Why join this organization:
- Strong compensation ($130K to $170K plus bonuses)
- Room for career growth
- True autonomy
- Supportive Executives and colleagues
- Healthy growth history and projections
- Comprehensive benefits
- Work/Life balance
- Relocation allowance (if necessary)
- and more
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away (cover letters not required).
We thank you for your interest and look forward to reviewing your resume.