Our client, one of the most established North American construction material manufacturers, currently has a rare opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their dynamic team.
This is a company with over $450M in revenues which has seen strong and consistent growth year over year while priding themselves in being an excellent employer.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounts Payable role is to actively participate in all transactions within the accounts payable department. This includes but is not limited to completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices associated with day-to-day operations of the business.
- Matching of invoices to supporting documentation
- Accurately coding invoices
- Responsible for ensuring proper authorization on invoices
- Must have above average data entry speed and accuracy in a high volume environment
- Effectively monitor, schedule and generate payments in a timely manner
- Liaise with vendors and co-workers (purchasing, sales, maintenance, etc...)
- Complete account reconciliations and analysis; including credit cards
- Period - end processing, including accruals
- Assist Accounts Payable Coordinator
Knowledge & Skills:
- Diploma/or other formal training in Accounting
- Must have general knowledge of accounting principles
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient typing and data-entry skills
- Experience with ACCPAC would be considered an asset
- Experience working with multiple companies and intercompany transactions also considered an asset
Why Join this organization:
- Room for career growth
- Learning opportunities
- Supportive managers and colleagues
- Healthy growth history and projections
- Strong compensation ($36K to $42K)
- Comprehensive benefits
- Work/Life balance
- and more
Interviews are taking place right away and cover letters are not required.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to reviewing your resume.