Our client, a highly established market leader in the fire and security industry, has a rare opportunity for an experienced Fire Protection Technician to join their growing team of technicians. The Fire Protection Technician will be responsible for verification, inspections, repairs and maintenance of fire alarm systems installed at customer sites.
As a Fire Alarm Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Communicate with the customer and determine the nature of the problem or trouble with the fire alarm system
- Independently perform quality work and recommend improvements to ensure that customer satisfaction is met
- Test and commission fire alarm systems to ensure that building occupancy can be taken
- Complete various reports and documents related to the work performed
- Complete inspections of fire alarm systems as per Can/ULC S536-04
- Complete verifications of fire alarm systems as per Can/ULC S537-04
- Complete fire extinguisher inspections as per NFPA-10
- Complete emergency lightning inspections as per the local authority having jurisdiction
To be successful you will need:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the electronics field or a related discipline, including at least 1-3 years of experience servicing fire alarm systems
- Comfortable with frequent travel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Possess a valid Provincial Driver’s License
- C.F.A.A. certification is a strong asset
Join this team and enjoy:
- Competitive salary $25 to $30/hr plus overtime
- Strong extended benefits
- Opportunity to grow
- RRSP Matching
- Company vehicle, cellphone and laptop
Don't miss this opportunity to work with an outstanding organization! To apply, kindly submit your resume, cover letters not required.
TPD will not share your information with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as privacy and confidentiality is one of TPD's core values.
Please feel free to call us at (604) 685-3530 to follow up on your resume.