BC Pavilion Corporation (PavCo), owner and operator of BC Place Stadium and the Vancouver Convention Centre, is currently searching for a Manager of Payroll and Benefits to join our team.
As the Manager of Payroll and Benefits you will be a Certified Payroll Professional interested in being a part of a two-person Payroll and Benefits team, reporting in to the Manager, Finance, and ready to make a big impact in a friendly and inviting work environment.
PavCo is a Crown corporation of the Province of British Columbia, with a mandate to generate significant economic and community benefit for the people of British Columbia. Over the next 5 years, PavCo is forecast to generate more than $2 billion in economic impact within the province of British Columbia.
PavCo is recognized as a global leader in venue development, marketing, and management. BC Place is the province’s flagship stadium, and is proudly referred to as “Canada’s Home Stadium” for international sporting events. The iconic Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED® Platinum certified convention facility and has twice been named “World’s Best Convention Centre”.
Across all business units, PavCo’s team of approximately 800 staff work with a diverse range of local and international partners, suppliers and clientele to host a year-round schedule of events. Together, we consistently deliver an outstanding level of commitment, skill and professionalism as we host exceptional experiences with a global audience.
For more information about PavCo and its facilities, please visit:
BC Place: www.bcplace.com
Vancouver Convention Centre: www.vancouverconventioncentre.com
WHY WORK WITH US:
The role of PavCo is to generate significant economic and community benefit for the people of B.C. Events hosted at PavCo’s venues are a key contributor to the continued growth of B.C.’s tourism industry – an industry that delivers immense social, cultural and economic benefits to all parts of the province.
At PavCo, we believe in going the extra mile for our clients, guests, and community at every opportunity. The values we bring to every interaction are: Quality and Service, Respect, Fairness, Honest Communication, Financial Responsibility, Creativity and Innovation, Enthusiasm, Environmental Responsibility and Integrity.
PavCo works collaboratively with its partners to maintain leading-edge standards and stay ahead of global competition. Building on an outstanding track record, we embrace new opportunities and challenges with an innovative spirit.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory requirements that have an impact on the organization’s payroll management, compensation and benefits, and adopt requirements and communicate changes to management and stakeholders as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all governmental laws and regulations with respect to payroll and benefits.
- Lead the payroll and benefits staff, processing, system functionality, and services.
- Train payroll personnel to have a good understanding of all procedures and systems required for accurate payroll/benefit administration and processing.
- Provide oversight and direction for all leave programs including but not limited to: Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Workers Compensation, and Leave of Absence.
- Ensure the payroll and benefits department leverages technology to help administer the latest payroll techniques and methodologies to achieve greatest efficiencies and business outcomes.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all payroll-related inquiries while reinforcing working relationships with staff.
- Work with Finance and Human Resources Team, recommend and implement approved policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness and accuracy of the payroll/benefit operation to ensure that company and government requirements are adhered to.
- Provide payroll & benefit processing backup, including process timesheets, updates and changes into payroll systems, as necessary.
- Oversee the maintenance of employee personnel files & payroll files.
- Reconcile recurring payroll and benefit accounts and statements (remittances to the Receiver General, pension plan, extended health/dental, MSP, Life, LTD insurance statements).
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Undergraduate degree preferred in a related discipline that includes studies in Human Resources, Accounting, or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years payroll processing experience in a leadership role within the organization. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- PCP or CPM designation preferred (or willingness to obtain designation within reasonable timeframe).
- Canadian payroll experience preferred.
- A passion for payroll.
- Strong aptitude for systems, data management.
- Strong technical skills and experience using advanced Microsoft Office and Ceridian Dayforce or similar software.
- Experience processing full-cycle payrolls in a complex environment, including general analysis and reporting, with experience in accounting functions related to payroll.
- Ability to analyze payroll data for accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication and customer service skills; comfortable interacting and explaining payroll & benefits with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to quickly adapt.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Be detail oriented and analytical.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and research problems to recommend and enact preferred solutions.
- Adept at managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced, team-oriented environment while ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and effective time management.
- Thorough understanding of legislative requirements as they impact Payroll.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting and human resources principles and concepts.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at PavCo thanks you for your application.
PavCo is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from qualified women and
men including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.