Our Client is a diverse team of professionals specializing in e-commerce design and retail software. They’ve spent more than a decade partnering with clients of all sizes, helping them reach their business goals through creative and functional web and software development.
They now have a rare opportunity for a Project Lead to join their team in Vancouver. This role is a client-facing position in an environment that provides significant learning opportunities and professional development. The e-commerce world is growing exponentially and this is a great place to gain valuable experience within that space. It's an entrepreneurial but casual environment with an energetic young team.
- Facilitating day to day activities of e-commerce website(s)
- Planning for and executing promotions
- Planing for and executing site changes and maintenance
- Managing everything from initial mock-ups to a staging site
- Updating clients and receiving feedback throughout the development process
Most important soft skills and why:
- Confident communication (written & verbal) – extensive communication with clients via Slack, phone, email and video conference. Substantial in-person interaction with senior technical teammates
- Time Management – constantly changing deadlines/deliverables requiring both advanced and ad hoc planning.
- Detail oriented – responsible for many moving pieces directly impacting client’s revenue/reputation
- Accountability – supervision, training and guidance are available however this position requires a self-sufficient and self-motivated professional who can work independently and occasionally handle remote requests/tasks outside of business hours
Top technical skills required:
- Technical requirement gathering
- Project management tools – eg. JIRA, MS Projects, Asana
- Web development fundamentals (HTML/CSS)
- Photoshop is a plus
Main duties and percentage of time doing each:
- 50% communicating with client
- 25% requirements gathering and project management
- 25% summarizing requirements and communicating to internal technical team in planning meetings
- Customer Service experience
- Expert communication
- Project Leadership
- Inquisitive, hungry to learn (not afraid to ask questions or voice opinions)
- Retail experience (pricing, sales/promotions,e-commerce)
- Knowledge of Shopify
Why join this organization:
- Supportive Executive team
- Work/Life balance
- Energetic dynamic team
This is an immediate opening and interviews are taking place right away.
We look forward to reviewing your resume (cover letters not required).