TPD is currently searching for a Rental Technician to join an industry leading power rental solutions company for their Coquitlam, BC location. If you are hungry for a fresh and exciting opportunity with a growing and inclusive organization we want to hear from you!
The Rental Technician working under the direction of the Shop Manager and in conjunction with other shop team members will undertake the effective execution of the quality assurance of the company and third party equipment designated for rental and sale, the `prep to ship` of rental equipment in preparation for projects and the maintenance and minor repairs to equipment to ensure the highest standard of equipment for rental projects.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Prepare Rental equipment to suit customer project needs.
- Inspection and quality assurance testing and reports of rental and sale equipment.
- Preventative maintenance and minor repairs to rental equipment.
- Installations, support and removal of rental equipment at project sites. Assembly, fabrication and manufacturing of rental equipment for rental and sale purpose.
- Shipping and receiving of rental and sale equipment.
- Maintaining a high level of presentation and organization in Trinity’s yard, warehouse and common shop areas.
- Physically able to perform the requirements of the job; including precise arm and hand movements, working at heights greater than ten feet, lifting arms above the shoulders, moving heavy objects (100lbs or more) and working in cramped spaces.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Journeyman electrician certification.
- Minimum 5 years as qualified working electrician.
- Commercial and industrial electrical construction, repairs, maintenance and commissioning to high and low voltage systems.
- Knowledge and experience of high (above 750 Volts) and low voltage transformation, distribution, protection, automatic starting equipment and power line systems and their related testing and installation methods.
- Thorough knowledge of current Canadian Electrical Code and other relevant legislation.
- Thorough understanding of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions required under Worksafe OHS regulations.
- Skilled in the care and use of hand tools and equipment necessary to design, modify or repair electrical systems.
- Able to interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts, or other visual aids.
- Able to locate and correct defects in electrical systems and equipment.
- Some work beyond regular hours required to attend to after-hours service calls.
- Able to pass a Criminal Record check and reference checks.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Generous, industry-leading compensation plan.
- Comprehensive health, medical, dental, and wellness benefits plan.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation.
- Quarterly company-paid team events.
- Annual company retreat – you always get a plus one.
- Opportunities to advance within a dynamic, growing company!
If you fit the bill for all of the above, we want to hear from you! We are looking to make our hiring decision rather quickly and interviews are happening now. We look forward to reviewing your talents soon!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.