Our client, a highly established and reputable building materials company, is currently seeking a Marketing Director to join their business development team.
Reporting to Executive Management, the Director will assume the position of subject matter expert to the organization’s executive on all aspects of marketing. Your core responsibilities are to plan, develop, direct and oversee the execution of innovative and successful marketing strategies for the company’s products and services to grow sales and support the brand.
You are a skilled marketing strategist with the ability to lead a team, collaborate with internal teams, drive creativity and generate enthusiasm from others. You will expand our market segment through effective management of marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
The ideal candidate is a strategic, creative, and detail-oriented marketing professional with technical knowledge and a hands-on approach to work. The individual should possess the ability to take projects through from concept to execution, have experience in product-based B2B Marketing, and thrive in a small-medium sized business work environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s business products and services
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities
- Apply and manage the marketing budget, including having fiscal accountability for marketing initiatives
- Undertake market and competitive research and analysis of customers, current market conditions, and competitor information to define strategic solutions to meet business requirements
- Partner with product team to manage new product development
- Collaborate with Sales Manager to develop targeted campaigns that support all levels of the sales funnel
- Submit performance reports to determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Provide ongoing leadership in the design and execution of the communications, web site, intranet and collateral marketing materials
- Create, maintain and coordinate content development for company communications including print, digital and social media platforms
- Resource external agencies to supplement inside resources
- Recruit, train, mentor and advise support staff, assign and evaluate work, participate in annual performance reviews
- Recommend short- and long-term organization goals and objectives to Executive Management
- Attend management meetings to report on marketing activities, as required
- Continually maintain expertise in the field of marketing to ensure the organization operates with initiative and innovation
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- University degree or college diploma in Business and/or Diploma in marketing
- Experience managing marketing professionals
- Relevant B2B product marketing experience with a proven track record of delivering profitable solutions to drive sales, attract and maintain customers and build/sustain a solid corporate brand
- Project management experience
- Talent for enhancing corporate marketability through web media, social media and print marketing tools, as well as delivering clear, effective corporate messaging
- Good visual design sense and artistic ability
- Good understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Graphic design and web development tools: CSS, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, Flash, PHP and WordPress. Experience with Adobe Pro-connect and Adobe Illustrator software is an asset
- Google offerings
- Print and video production
- SEM and SEO
- Online marketing tools and social media
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Web media and presentation software
- Online and offline brand monitoring
- Proven experience in customer and market research
- Experience using analytics and metrics to make business-related decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage team members
- Demonstrated ability in budget setting and fiscal management
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Competitive Salary ($100K to 120K)
- Competitive extended health & dental benefits plan offered
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.