Our client, a multi-national leader in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Contracts Advisor to join their Strategic Growth Projects Team in their Burnaby office. This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada's leading employers, who supplies a significant portion of southwestern BC’s gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
The Contract Advisor works closely with internal and external stakeholders to provide end to end procurement management to the Strategic Growth Organization. The Contract Advisor will be responsible for planning, development, and execution of procurement strategies including contract planning, contract formulation, and transactional oversite for Engineering Procurement Companies.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide strategic guidance during early phases to project leadership on major procurement activities
- Manage the sourcing, award and execution phases, including contract development, leading negotiations and claims avoidance
- Develop project procurement plans and strategies consistent with project objectives
- Work within project team to implement procurement strategies in line with overall project objectives, business risk mitigation and schedule
- Provide owner stewardship of EPC purchasing, contracting, expediting, logistics and materials management personnel and systems
- Develop / advise on bid slate to ensure market capture and capable suppliers are considered for each purchase / contract
- Identification and implementation of Total Cost of Ownership and Value Chain Integration opportunities
- Develop and implement Supplier Management and Integration activities with key suppliers
- Communicates clearly to convey concepts and objectives orally as well as in presentations and in technical reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Able to build strong working relationships with business stakeholders, suppliers and co-workers
- Delivers, captures, and reports significant capital project savings through application of sound procurement business practices
- Work with the other contract advisors, business partners, and Technical SMEs to prioritize and evaluate Procurement opportunities in alignment with Refinery strategies.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- BA/BS/B.Com Degree in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management.
- Relevant experience working on high complexity capital projects.
- Experience developing category strategy, category plans, Annual Contracting and Procurement Plans and identifying opportunities to optimize total cost of ownership through the supply chain.
- Ability to develop should cost models and total cost of ownership models. Ability to conduct lease vs. buy analysis. Ability to develop a sound business case based on analysis.
- Perform market research, data and spend analysis on specific categories. Interpret analysis and evaluate spend categories of goods and services to determine where opportunities lie for pricing and contract renegotiations, contract/vendor consolidations, or alternative goods or services.
- Assist in developing RFP’s and informal bid requests. Manage process through proposal to contract award.
- Assist in the management of vendor relationships, contracts and sourcing of top-spend categories
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, build consensus and resolve issues.
- Proactive communicator who establishes a good customer network and stakeholder relationships.
- Mentor Business Stakeholders and buyers to enhance technical and procurement OC.
- Strategic sourcing and supplier management experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, work well within a team environment
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Room for career growth
- Pension plan
- $105K to $120K
- Annual bonuses
- and more!
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)
We look forward to working with you.