TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Vancouver BC, in search for a creative and people-centric Senior Manager, Recruiting and Scheduling. The successful candidate will be responsible for upholding, safeguarding and promoting Securiguard’s vision and values while providing leadership with operational responsibility and management of the Recruiting, Scheduling and C3 departments. In addition, the Senior Manager reinforces appropriate application of human resource policies, standards and procedures to ensure alignment with Securiguard’s vision, mission and values and to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?:
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Responsible to oversee the Recruiting Department, with the Manager Recruiting reporting to the Senior Manager.
- Create strategic recruitment/ selection plans, while establishing standard recruiting practices and procedures.
- Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and staffing levels in collaboration with direct report and Branch Manager to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the company.
- Directs a process of organizational development that primarily addresses succession planning throughout the company.
- Interviews management level candidates.
- Coordinate Site Startups to ensure proper candidates are selected for new clients.
- Assists Operations Managers with the process of updating and approving job descriptions and job specifications, and internal movement and placement of security officers.
- Reviews weekly key metrics and responds accordingly to the results.
- Responsible to oversee Scheduling Department, with the Scheduling Manager reporting to the Director.
- Implements & reviews processes to streamline efficiencies
- Manages spare pool employees and works with Schedulers to identify permanent packages with a focus on FTE packages.
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company People & Culture policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Coordinate company employment equity programs to achieve diversity goals.
- Actively promotes programs to engage staff and set a positive culture in line with corporate values.
- Manages, leads and fosters direct reports.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- University Degree and/ or College Diploma or certificate in Personnel Management, Business Management or Human Resources.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in recruitment or talent acquisition, with exposure to team management and leadership.
- Strong communicator with assertive interpersonal skills and team player are critical to success.
- Must have strong management presentation and negotiation skills as well as proven experience in organizing and directing staff/team work and coordinating such activities to a successful conclusion.
- Able to Multi-task in fast paced environment
- Fluent in computer based operating systems (MS Office)
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent company culture
If the above sounds like a position that you can't pass up, we want to hear from you. Interviews are taking place ASAP and we are ready to find our next rockstar today!