Our client, a highly established and growing International company in the food manufacturing and distribution industry, has a rare opening for a Maintenance Supervisor to join their dynamic team in Columbus, Ohio.
This position is open due to the tremendous growth and success the company has experienced.
The Maintenance Supervisor will coordinate and oversee all maintenance operations of the plant, grounds and production equipment, plan and initiate preventative maintenance, schedule corrective maintenance and prioritize repairs. The role requires a strong technical Maintenance Leader who has a full proficiency and understanding of electrical and mechanical systems, and machinery. Leadership approach is key, team first leader who is flexible, self-accountable, and has an enabling and influencing approach with the entire plant team.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment, using electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to plan and direct maintenance activities for all shifts and establish priorities for projects in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with production control, tool room, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of manpower, machine and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of production problems.
- Consults with production personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Ability and experience to set up and maintain a good Preventative Maintenance Schedule on all equipment.
- Support new product launch activities and equipment installation as necessary.
- Lean manufacturing experience is preferred
- Experience with mechanical repairs, electrical repairs, and repairs on the building, Mechanical experience including conveyors, pneumatics, hydraulics, and presses
- Electrical experience including motors, wiring, AC/DC drives, and Allen Bradley PLC's
- Develop maintenance strategies to provide excellent service and meet organizational goals
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Complies and adheres to State safety standards, requirements, and practices
- Supervise and provide leadership in knowledge of repairs, breakdowns and troubleshooting
- Determine whether problems can be solved in-house or if outside specialists are required, then make recommendations to the Maintenance Manager
- Prepare technician schedules for support of operations for line coverage, preventative maintenance
- Serve as a back-up to Maintenance Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
What will help you succeed:
- Electrician trade (preferred) or Millwright qualification (journeyman/ Red Seal/ or Technical or Engineering Diploma from an accredited school)
- Minimum class 5 Boiler Power engineer certification preferred or signed agreement that probationary period ends once this certificate is obtained with the company’s assistance
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Previous experience in a leadership and/or similar role
- Strong problem solving and PLC programming
- Possesses a safety mindset that includes safe work methods and risk analysis in an industrial setting
- Strong communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to make timely decisions associated with process upsets
- Adaptive work style with an ability to handle multiple priorities, challenging demands and function positively in a dynamic collaborative work environment
- High level of understanding in detailed Electrical schematics, logic and wiring diagrams, electronic circuit drawings, and electronic system drawings and the ability to revise such drawings as required.
- Working understanding of mechanical systems
- Communicates well and deals professionally with all levels of contacts (internal and external)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement principles
- Sound analytical, planning and execution skills
- Excellent team development and leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Flexibility to manage a multi-shift operation and to resolve issues after hours
- Great written and verbal skills
Join this team and enjoy:
- Competitive compensation ($65K to $75K)
- Extended benefits
- Ample room for career progression
- Job security
- Supportive colleagues and leadership team
- and more!
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!
Interviews start ASAP! Apply today for consideration! (No cover letter required)