DeHavilland Aircraft of Canada Limited has an immediate opening for a Manager, Flight Sciences position. The position is based in Toronto and will report directly to the VP of Engineering, Quality and Flight Operations.
At De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Limited, employees work together worldwide - one good idea at a time to ensure the continued long term success of the Dash 8-400 aircraft. If you have a good idea, De Havilland provides the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary
- Full extended health and benefit plan
- The opportunity to join an organization from the ground floor
- Great task diversity and unique challenges
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Lead a team of experienced Engineering subject matter specialists to establish requirements and achieve program objectives for optimized aircraft flight performance in areas including Aerodynamics, Stability and Control, Aircraft Performance, Load and Aeroelasticity for all Dash 8 aircraft
- Coordinate with Sales & Marketing, Product Development, Customer Services and Training Centre to support reviews of aircraft performance guarantees and flight operations improvements across all DASH 8 aircraft platforms
- Interface with internal groups (S&M, Product Planning, Customer Service, Aircraft Programs, and Engineering) and promote operational efficiency approach to product improvement
- Coordinate across all Aircraft Performance teams to provide consolidated Maintenance, Reliability, Cost and Operations Marketing data annually
- Coordinate on-going development and sustainment of procedures & processes for all groups within Flight Sciences and advanced design, flight operations tools and including training support for all Dash 8 aircraft
- Establish performance baselines for the product(s) operational characteristics
- Tailor new short term & long term solution(s) to effectively achieve targeted performance efficiencies
- Review and challenge/influence current MR&O and Product Planning Strategies with the aim to improve the operational performance of the aircraft
- Fleet support to urgent Aircraft on Ground (AOG) and incident/accident investigations and lead the team in production support to the assembly line
- Establish methods and tools to collect and evaluate operational performance data from the Customers in the most operationally practical formats
- Participate in and represent DeHavilland at aerospace industry technology and regulatory forums related to flight operations efficiency
- Respond to strategic and complex questions asked by internal DeHavilland stakeholders. Lead Advanced design team in the development and implementation of novel materials, processes and academic institution collaboration
- Review and approve technical proposals, reports and/or presentations. Lead Advanced design team in providing expert knowledge in aircraft configuration analyses, product level studies and support to industry-wide working groups and standards reviews (ICAO)
- Develop an annual statement of work (master plan), continuously monitors progress, develop and lead execution of recovery plans. Manage departmental budget for both cost and revenue targets
- Manage, coach, coordinate and evaluate personnel within the team. Execute on key development plans for Subject Matter Experts and development of key regulatory (Design Approval Designee - DAD) approval personnel in support of the DeHavilland Aircraft of limited Design Approval Organization.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A University Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering or equivalent Science Program
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Flight Sciences/Advanced Design environment with an emphasis on flight performance
- A minimum of 5 years of management/leadership experience
- Proven Marketing and Sales support experience, with a strong customer focus
- A strategic thinker with a strong diagnostic mind
- A Dynamic mindset with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, where flexibility is key
- A process-oriented approach with the ability to identify, define, and improve processes
- Innovative approach in order to discover and develop the benefits of new technologies and processes
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships with internal departments, vendors and customers and you have significant experience in managing change.
- A strong team-oriented leader with excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills including cross-functional teamwork abilities
- A strong Customer Service background, and you have sound knowledge of DeHavilland’s Commercial Aircraft Operators
- Ability to build strong relationships with regulatory and industry leaders
Longview Aviation Capital Corp. (LAC) was established in 2016 to manage a portfolio of long- term investments in the Canadian aerospace industry. At present, LAC includes and/or is associated with the assets of Viking Air Ltd., Pacific Sky Aviation Ltd, Longview Aviation Asset Management Inc., De Havilland Aircraft of Canada and Longview Aviation Services. With the addition of the Dash 8 Q Series, Longview holds the Type Certificates and entire product line of the original deHavilland aircraft company including the Twin Otter program and the DHC-1 through DHC-7 series, as well as the former Canadair CL-215, CL-215T, and CL-415 waterbomber aircraft. Longview has a workforce of approximately 1,800 full-time employees in manufacturing and service support in locations across Canada making it North America's largest commercial turboprop aircraft manufacturer.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
123 Garratt Blvd, Toronto, Ontario, M3K 1Y5
Language of work:
Location of Work:
Terms of the role: Permanent, Full-time
Benefits provided: Extended Health & Dental Benefits, Travel Insurance, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Disability Benefits, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Relocation Allowance, Laptop, Cell Phone, Free Parking.