Are you an experienced HR professional looking for an opportunity to build an HR infrastructure in a successful construction company in Toronto? Your role will help to drive business performance and build a culture that attracts, develops and retains top talent in the industry.
This role would be an ideal fit for someone who loves to take ownership and work hands-on with everything ranging from strategic projects to transactional operations.
About the company:
Our client is a construction company based in Toronto. Over the last 20 years, the company has grown to over a hundred employees working in all aspects of the construction cycle, and more.
Our client has a diverse portfolio of commercial and residential projects. The company also works to give back to its community in various ways such as in assisting in developing affordable housing and co-operative housing and supporting a variety of social and cultural programs.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Act as the expert resource and mentor to employees and leadership in all areas of HR.
- Support and facilitate company-wide changes through cultural and organizational transformation utilizing a variety of change management strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with departmental managers to understand HR pain points and opportunities. Develop relevant and sustainable solutions that support organizational strategy, drive performance and enhance culture.
- Build strong and positive relationships with staff and leadership.
- Develop and implement HR programs including:
- Leadership Development
- Employee Engagement and Experience
- Employer Branding
- Performance Management
- Career Pathing
- Training & Development
- Internal Communications
- Recruitment & Selection
- Oversee and manage all company-wide HR affairs.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures including the office health & safety program.
- Facilitate a respectful workplace environment.
- Support recruitment activities.
- Learn under the mentorship of a Senior HR Strategist.
- Build and manage relationships with consultants and vendors.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business Administration/Psychology or a demonstrated track record in HR; CPHR preferred.
- Knowledge of all applicable labour legislation, including recent developments, HR trends, and best practices.
- 5+ years of experience as an HR practitioner.
- Experience with building and developing an HR infrastructure from the ground up.
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Business-minded with an entrepreneurial drive.
- Self-starter who focuses on execution and meeting promised deadlines/commitments
- Understands business operations and able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Able to work within an ambiguous environment with ever changing priorities
- Highly competitive compensation package.
- Employer paid benefits including dental, medical, vision & spending account.
- Flexible work environment.
- Ability to be innovative & independent.
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial culture.
- A broad and diverse client base.
If you’re ready for a challenge and ready to make an influence in a role where you’ll be appreciated for your hard work and innovative spirit, we’re interested in speaking with you!