Our client, an established marine and industrial engineering company currently have a rare opportunity for a Director of Engineering for their Maple Ridge location.
The Director of Engineering is responsible for leading all aspects of the business including electronic, mechanical, and marine engineering. In addition, the Director of Engineering drives process optimization, integrated life‐cycle services and intellectual property development of the engineering operation. Through an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion to lead by example, the Director leads, mentors and develops a team of 18 talented Engineers.
- Plans, organizes and directs all aspects of engineering to meet company objectives for new product
- development, technical sales support, product design, design engineering, & Production Engineering.
- Oversees key projects, policies, processes and performance reports.
- Collaborates with Sales on strategic sales opportunities and ways to reach the design community more effectively.
- Supports lean initiatives intra-department and through DFMA
- Responsible to ensure hardware & software utilized by the engineering team is the appropriate technology and optimizing data flows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering focus is a strong asset)
- Professional Engineer (PE/P.Eng) designation is required
- 15+ years of experience as an Engineer within project-based and manufacturing environments
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive Engineering Management experience leading a multi-disciplinary team
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in the marine industry is considered an asset
- Modern experience with New Product Development
- Highly collaborative as demonstrated through being a strong team builder and team player who leads by example
- Innovative & passionate about and can demonstrate a successful track record in continuous improvement though the use of Lean Management tools
- Driven with a demonstrated track record delivering results complete and on-time
Find out why there are so many long-term employees in this organization and take advantage of:
Comprehensive compensation package with industry competitive salary, RRSP matching and bonuses.
Interviews are taking place right away and applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter alongside resumes.
TPD will not share your information with anyone outside of our firm without your approval as privacy and confidentiality are part of TPD's core values.