TPD has partnered with Securiguard, an industry leading security solutions company based in Edmonton. We are currently in search for accountable and eager Operations Manager to join our team! Working with our internal and external stakeholders, the Operations Manager, Industrial Accounts, oversees the security and operational performance for all of Securiguard’s Industrial Operations for the Alberta region.
The role of the Operations Manager, Industrial Accounts is to ensure the safety & security regulations, policies and procedures are followed to ensure the efficient and safe operation of all Securiguard in-field work in order to deliver projects according to plan for Securiguard and its Alberta clients.
Securiguard established its first contract in 1974, securing the mining town of Cassiar, acting as an extension of management focusing on customer service.
Throughout our history, we have been known for innovation: introducing the first high visibility yellow jacket (before the police), the first bicycle patrol and the first private security company to become ISO certified.
Today Securiguard is Western Canada’s leading provider of corporate security through a focus on listening, creating value and doing what we say. We care for our people, community and environment.
WHY WORK WITH US?:
We work with Respect - We know what it takes to make people feel safe. We foster a respectful and inviting environment for all of our team members that encourages collaboration.
We are Accountable - We own our mistakes. We fall, and we get right back up. We ensure no one gets left behind and we work together to ensure we are accountable to ourselves, our teams, and our clients.
We are Honest - We are truthful in character and behavior. We do more than talk the talk, we walk the walk every day. We are open and transparent and honestly love what we do.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provides leadership, supervision and discipline to all in-field security team members.
- Foster relationships within the industry to position Securiguard for future opportunities.
- Assist on building on our Joint Ventures with Aboriginal Groups as required.
- Optimizes operations and performance within the Alberta Securiguard team.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of site specific post orders.
- Create, maintain and deliver monthly, quarterly and annual KPI reports to Securiguard Management and the client per our Executive Management Oversight Program.
- Oversees the mobile, vehicle and training requirements as per contract specifications.
- Evaluate the competency levels of all Securiguard personnel:
- To ensure that they can meet the clients’ operational needs
- To identify the need for training and development
- To ensure safety and security compliance
- Attend regularly scheduled safety meetings
- Inspect all worksites to ensure that the Securiguard Safety Program is in compliance with contract obligations and all client safety/security requirements.
- Directly responsible for the creation and delivery of training and compliance programs
- Responsible for conducting site reviews, writing audit/review reports, reviewing findings, and making recommendations to client contract representatives and the Securiguard Regional Manager
- Obtain the annual projected personnel requirements and review with the Operations Coordinator, Operations Manager and Regional Manager, and complete action plan for recruitment, training requirements and Quality Assurance Audits
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- University Degree and/or College Diploma or certificate in Security Operations, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a supervisor in an operational setting combined with or in addition to working in the security industry or law enforcement preferred.
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry or Industrial setting preferred
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business cases and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in staffing levels.
- Possess a valid Class 5 AB Driver’s License, have an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
- ABST required.
- Provincial Security Guard License required.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
- Competitive compensation
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent company culture
If the above sounds like a position that you can't pass up, we want to hear from you. Interviews are taking place ASAP and we are ready to find our next rockstar today!